St. Columban-Irish Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Including your genealogy online  (Read 2248 times)

sean delaney

• I Love St Columban!!
    • My Genealogy Site
Including your genealogy online
« on: March 13, 2006, 05:12:00 PM »

For all the users of family tree software, I would suggest posting your family trees on the internet. It is not difficult to do, I would explain how to do it for anyone not sure how to do it. It has  helped me get leads a few times. It is free to do it where I have added mine. Here is my file on the internet;
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=sdelaney

Sean  8-)
Wear RED fridays!! Show support for OUR troops!

Michael_Manning

Re: Including your genealogy online
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 10:12:08 PM »

Sean,
I also descend from Richard Blanchfield/Ann Phelan through their son William, who moved to Brooklyn, NY after a disagreement with his father Richard.
I've already discovered through Kelley that neither Richard nor Ann have tomstones in St. Columban's cemetery though they are buried there.  
Of all my Irish ancestors, these two are the only ones I can trace directly back to Ireland.  I'd love to compare notes with anything local details you might have about the family/house/farm, etc. especially photos.
Michael

sean delaney

• I Love St Columban!!
    • My Genealogy Site
Re: Including your genealogy online
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 11:48:43 PM »

Michael

I would love to help you, but any info I have on the Phelans came from my Uncle, Fergus Keyes. I wouls suggest that you look at the "Researchers" particularly Mary Kathy Lund who seems to have both the names you mentioned in her research interest. Sorry I could not be of more help.
Here is a direct link to the page I mentioned;
http://www.stcolumban-irish.com/researchers.html

Sean 8-)
Wear RED fridays!! Show support for OUR troops!

Fergus Keyes

• Global Moderator
  • St. Columban - Real People - Real History !
Reply to Michael Manning
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 12:20:17 AM »

Michael;

I might also suggest that when you go to our main page at
www.stcolumban-irish.com that you click on Marriages at the top of the opening page and you might find some additional information on Marriages; Births and Deaths in St. Columban that might be helpful to your research.