St. Columban-Irish Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mary Grace wedding to James Daley  (Read 2677 times)

tarses99

Mary Grace wedding to James Daley
« on: January 19, 2013, 09:30:19 PM »

I have information on the marriage of Mary Grace and James Daley.  The marriage took place on January 8th 1840. I would like to know the ages of the couple and the parents names. The copy that I have was faded and hard to read. The record was a photo from a church record but did not name the church.  I have a Grace and Daley family that settled in Praire Springs Township in Iowa in the late 1850's.  I am wondering why there was an immigration to Iowa during  that time period after being in Canada for a considerable time.
     I also have information to share of the Daley family in Iowa.   Tarses 99

Fergus Keyes

• Global Moderator
  • St. Columban - Real People - Real History !
Re: Mary Grace wedding to James Daley
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 03:36:09 PM »

According to my records, (that have been transcribed a number of times and may or may not be 100% accurate), the parents of  Mary Grace were Thomas Grace born in Ireland about  1785 and Mary Dwyer born about 1791, also in Ireland.
The parents of James Daly were Hugh Daly born about 1817 and appears  to have died on April 22 1842 at 25 years old in St. Columban, Quebec – Noted as S2 in the St. Columban records of 1842 and his mother was Mary Hughes.

I would also suggest that you go our main page at www.stcolumban.com and type in the search at the top right of the page, the word GRACE – hopefully you’ll come to a section called Memories of St. Columban ad a great deal of information on the history of the Grace family.

From the 1851 Census

1 Thomas Grace   Farmer  born in  Ireland  Roman Catholic  aged 66
  2 Mary Dwyer    Ireland   Roman Catholic   60
  3 Thomas Grace  Son   Labourer  Ireland  Roman Catholic  21
  4 William Grace   Labourer Ireland  Roman Catholic  17
  5 Charles Fortin   Carpenter  Canada  Roman Catholic 58

Good Luck

Fergus Keyes

Jeff Legault

• YaBB Administrator
  • Welcome to St. Colomban-Irish Forums!
    • Jeff Legault