Great Book! - Naming in the Laurentians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joseph Graham, as I mentioned in my last post, is writing an article about our Restoration Project, in the "Main Street" Newspaper that serves the English Speaking community in the Laurentians.

In addition, Joe has just published a new book that notes the history of various towns in The Laurentians.

If you would like information about this book, please click on the following link:-

http://www.ballyhoo.ca/books
Joseph Graham, as I mentioned in my last post, is writing an article about our Restoration Project, in the "Main Street" Newspaper that serves the English Speaking community in the Laurentians.

In addition, Joe has just published a new book that notes the history of various towns in The Laurentians.

If you would like information about this book, please click on the following link:-

http://www.ballyhoo.ca/books
Hi Everyone

On the same subject of Joseph Graham. ?There was an article in the MONTREAL GAZETTE ?Monday March 13th/06 on Page A7 all about the above-mentioned author and the naming of the towns in the Laurentians. ?The article was titled "Putting history on the map". ?He speaks for example how Shawbridge was named from Shaw's Bridge for a toll bridge built in the 1840's by William Shaw across the Riviere du Nord. ?Shawbridge was renamed Prevost in 1977 after the Parti Quebecoise came to power and began asserting a French presence on the topography. ?Perhaps some of you can still find this article if you are interested. ?

Joyce ?
Hi Everyone

On the same subject of Joseph Graham. ?There was an article in the MONTREAL GAZETTE ?Monday March 13th/06 on Page A7 all about the above-mentioned author and the naming of the towns in the Laurentians. ?The article was titled "Putting history on the map". ?He speaks for example how Shawbridge was named from Shaw's Bridge for a toll bridge built in the 1840's by William Shaw across the Riviere du Nord. ?Shawbridge was renamed Prevost in 1977 after the Parti Quebecoise came to power and began asserting a French presence on the topography. ?Perhaps some of you can still find this article if you are interested. ?

Joyce ?
I have an electronic version of this article I won't pubish here due to copyright issues but will email to the group privately upon request. This should not be published on any private or public websites without written permission from the Gazette.

If you have a library subscription in any major city you will likely have access to this artcle. Canadian dalies usually surface 2-3 days after publication in this form on library databases.
I have an electronic version of this article I won't pubish here due to copyright issues but will email to the group privately upon request. This should not be published on any private or public websites without written permission from the Gazette.

If you have a library subscription in any major city you will likely have access to this artcle. Canadian dalies usually surface 2-3 days after publication in this form on library databases.