New St. Columban Info program

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi Everyone;

Over the last few months, whenever I had the time, I took all the births; marriages and death information that I could find about the settlers of St. Columban up to about 1899, and have now finished including all this information in one Family Tree program.

I've included everyone that I could find, regardless of if they were directly related to my family or not.

It was a bit of a pain before, since there were, for example, at least 20 Patrick Murphy's in St. Columban. But at least now I can generally tell which Patrick Murphy was which, and who their parents were; who they were related to; a marriage, if recorded, etc.

I think that the info is generally accurate. Of course, dates of baptisms and births are sometimes changed around...Names like O'Shea or O'Rourke in different records are simply Shea or Rourke etc... And many Irish families, after the early death of, for example, a child named Mary, would name their next born girl child Mary again - so you end up with two Mary's with the same parents. It gets a little confusing.

However, I did not correct any info unless I was absolutley sure based on the parents names etc... Otherwise, I can still have two Patrick Murphys that could be the same person but if I cannot prove they are the same person by documentation, I let them stand sperately

So if any of you are looking for some specific St. Columban family info. just sent me an e-mail to fergus@stcolumban-irish.com , and I'll see what I have in my new program records...

Take Care

Fergus

Hi Everyone;

Over the last few months, whenever I had the time, I took all the births; marriages and death information that I could find about the settlers of St. Columban up to about 1899, and have now finished including all this information in one Family Tree program.

I've included everyone that I could find, regardless of if they were directly related to my family or not.

It was a bit of a pain before, since there were, for example, at least 20 Patrick Murphy's in St. Columban. But at least now I can generally tell which Patrick Murphy was which, and who their parents were; who they were related to; a marriage, if recorded, etc.

I think that the info is generally accurate. Of course, dates of baptisms and births are sometimes changed around...Names like O'Shea or O'Rourke in different records are simply Shea or Rourke etc... And many Irish families, after the early death of, for example, a child named Mary, would name their next born girl child Mary again - so you end up with two Mary's with the same parents. It gets a little confusing.

However, I did not correct any info unless I was absolutley sure based on the parents names etc... Otherwise, I can still have two Patrick Murphys that could be the same person but if I cannot prove they are the same person by documentation, I let them stand sperately

So if any of you are looking for some specific St. Columban family info. just sent me an e-mail to fergus@stcolumban-irish.com , and I'll see what I have in my new program records...

Take Care

Fergus

Hello Fergus,

Thank you for doing such a mammoth "travail de moine" with this list! What a task. Would you have found a John Tees (may be spelled as Lees), married to Ann Harrison (from England), with at least one daughter called Stephanie Frances Tees - she married (19.11.1878, St.Andrews, Argenteuil), Michael McLaughlin, (eldest son of John McLaughlin and Mary Delaney). It is a real challenge to find info on the Tees family. Although religious ceremonies for these families appear to be in St.Andrews (East), some would appear to have lived in St.Columban. Many thanks. Anne
Hello Fergus,

Thank you for doing such a mammoth "travail de moine" with this list! What a task. Would you have found a John Tees (may be spelled as Lees), married to Ann Harrison (from England), with at least one daughter called Stephanie Frances Tees - she married (19.11.1878, St.Andrews, Argenteuil), Michael McLaughlin, (eldest son of John McLaughlin and Mary Delaney). It is a real challenge to find info on the Tees family. Although religious ceremonies for these families appear to be in St.Andrews (East), some would appear to have lived in St.Columban. Many thanks. Anne
Hi Anne;

This was good test for my little program. However, I checked it a number of ways but unfortunately, I did not come up with any Tees; Lees or Harrisons.

But I'll watch for a connection as I add more info. into the system.

Take Care

Fergus
Hi Anne;

This was good test for my little program. However, I checked it a number of ways but unfortunately, I did not come up with any Tees; Lees or Harrisons.

But I'll watch for a connection as I add more info. into the system.

Take Care

Fergus