BIFHSGO September Conference - Ottawa

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a note?

As we may have mentioned, I will be giving a presentation in Ottawa on our St. Columban history and cemetery restoration project. This conference is hosted by the BIFHSGO and is one of the largest genealogy, family history events in Canada. Jeff Legault has agreed to assist me and we are presently working on a Power Point presentation that will focus on the History; ?How our Group got together?, the project; and the development of our terrific web page. We will provide more details as they become available but you might want to note the following note that we received from John Hay, one of the organizers -

?Your lecture will be held in Room 156 of Library and Archives on Saturday 23 September from 14:45 to 16:00?

The conference seems to be a full week-end affair, and I don't have the cost details etc. at this point - but if any of you are interested in attending (or working with Jeff and I on the presentation), please mark you calenders...

Thanks & Take Care

Fergus

Smile
Just a note?

As we may have mentioned, I will be giving a presentation in Ottawa on our St. Columban history and cemetery restoration project. This conference is hosted by the BIFHSGO and is one of the largest genealogy, family history events in Canada. Jeff Legault has agreed to assist me and we are presently working on a Power Point presentation that will focus on the History; ?How our Group got together?, the project; and the development of our terrific web page. We will provide more details as they become available but you might want to note the following note that we received from John Hay, one of the organizers -

?Your lecture will be held in Room 156 of Library and Archives on Saturday 23 September from 14:45 to 16:00?

The conference seems to be a full week-end affair, and I don't have the cost details etc. at this point - but if any of you are interested in attending (or working with Jeff and I on the presentation), please mark you calenders...

Thanks & Take Care

Fergus

Smile
As a follow-up....

For additional information about this conference in Ottawa, you can visit the following web site:-

http://www.bifhsgo.ca/

It provides details and registration information etc.

Fergus
As a follow-up....

For additional information about this conference in Ottawa, you can visit the following web site:-

http://www.bifhsgo.ca/

It provides details and registration information etc.

Fergus
Hi Everyone.

Just an update?. Jeff Legault and I did make our power point presentation to the BIGHSGO in Ottawa yesterday afternoon. There seemed to be about 50 people in attendance and we both think that our presentation did go fairly well. We covered four basic topics ? A quick history of St. Columban; How we formed are very active group of descendants of St. Columban; Information about our restoration project; and finally a review of our web page. The presentation lasted about an hour with a 15 minute question period at the end.

It was nice to see that Claude Bouguignon drove down for this event and also was on hand to answer any specific questions...

Jeff has now posted a copy of our power point presentation which could be helpful as a starting point to anyone else that might be asked to talk about St. Columban and our project. The text is mainly ?talking points? and at certain times, I increased or decreased the text to match the time allowed.

However, it did bring our project, and information about our January Event, to the attention to a new group of interested people?.

So if you would like to review this presentation, you can click on the following link:-

http://www.stcolumban-irish.com/Published-Histories/index.html

Take Care

Fergus
Hi Everyone.

Just an update?. Jeff Legault and I did make our power point presentation to the BIGHSGO in Ottawa yesterday afternoon. There seemed to be about 50 people in attendance and we both think that our presentation did go fairly well. We covered four basic topics ? A quick history of St. Columban; How we formed are very active group of descendants of St. Columban; Information about our restoration project; and finally a review of our web page. The presentation lasted about an hour with a 15 minute question period at the end.

It was nice to see that Claude Bouguignon drove down for this event and also was on hand to answer any specific questions...

Jeff has now posted a copy of our power point presentation which could be helpful as a starting point to anyone else that might be asked to talk about St. Columban and our project. The text is mainly ?talking points? and at certain times, I increased or decreased the text to match the time allowed.

However, it did bring our project, and information about our January Event, to the attention to a new group of interested people?.

So if you would like to review this presentation, you can click on the following link:-

Take Care

Fergus
In addition to a copy of the Power Point presentation that we made about St. Columban, last Saturday, in Ottawa, Jeff has now added two more items to our Published History area. One is a copy of the recent article by Kay Dunn that appeared in this month's edition of the St. Patrick's newsletter and the other is similiar to this article, but include additional histoprical notes and written in French by Claude Bourguignon. To view this area, click on the following link:-

In addition to a copy of the Power Point presentation that we made about St. Columban, last Saturday, in Ottawa, Jeff has now added two more items to our Published History area. One is a copy of the recent article by Kay Dunn that appeared in this month's edition of the St. Patrick's newsletter and the other is similiar to this article, but include additional histoprical notes and written in French by Claude Bourguignon. To view this area, click on the following link:-