St. Columban Update Notes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few general notes:-

St. Columban Event ? March 18th

As per a note from Claude,  Madame Daoust has invited all members of our group to attend a small St. Patrick?s event in St. Columban on Sunday, March 18th at about 11:30am. I know that this is the same day as the big Parade in Montreal, but as Claude mentions, it would be an opportunity to meet with the Church Wardens as a group and promote our project?We could likely still get back to Montreal to see some of the Parade. If any of you think that you can visit St. Columban on the 18th, please let either Claude or me know?

St Patrick?s Day Luncheon ? Friday - March 16th 2007

I have reserved an paid for eight places at the St. Patrick?s Lunchion. If any of you would like to join the St. Columban table at this event (I think it starts around 11:30am and goes until about 2 PM), please contact Geri Newell from the St. Patrick?s Society of Montreal at 514-481-1346 and mention that you would like to reserve a spot at our table. (So far, I have two tickets; I reserved three for Claude; I reserved one for Ken and two for Kelley.)

Google ads on the Page

As mentioned before we have ?Google Ads? on the site to help support the cost for the Web Page.  How it works is that each time someone clicks on one of these ads, we get a few pennies. I?m please to say that we recently received over $ 140. from the last years of activities. This pays for about 6 months of the web page costs which are about $ 25.00 per month. So if you see any ad that is interesting to you when you visit the web page, please do click on it.

DVD Project

Marie-Christian might be finish the initial edit of the DVD by tomorrow, In this case, I will meet with her and get a copy and then try to arrange a meeting with anyone interested to view the video before the final cut and production.  At $ 20.00 each, we will have to sell at least a 100 copies to about break-even on the editing costs; the blank CD?s; covers etc. Once we pass the 100 mark, we should start making a little profit for the project.

Relocating the Tombstones

We may have found a spot to relocate the tombstones and keep them from further harm until we are ready to build our project. Mr. Tommy Doyle who owns the Doubleranch in St. Columban has invited us to visit his property and see if we can find a spot to store them.

That?s the update info. for now?

Take Care

Fergus

A few general notes:-

St. Columban Event ? March 18th

As per a note from Claude,  Madame Daoust has invited all members of our group to attend a small St. Patrick?s event in St. Columban on Sunday, March 18th at about 11:30am. I know that this is the same day as the big Parade in Montreal, but as Claude mentions, it would be an opportunity to meet with the Church Wardens as a group and promote our project?We could likely still get back to Montreal to see some of the Parade. If any of you think that you can visit St. Columban on the 18th, please let either Claude or me know?

St Patrick?s Day Luncheon ? Friday - March 16th 2007

I have reserved an paid for eight places at the St. Patrick?s Lunchion. If any of you would like to join the St. Columban table at this event (I think it starts around 11:30am and goes until about 2 PM), please contact Geri Newell from the St. Patrick?s Society of Montreal at 514-481-1346 and mention that you would like to reserve a spot at our table. (So far, I have two tickets; I reserved three for Claude; I reserved one for Ken and two for Kelley.)

Google ads on the Page

As mentioned before we have ?Google Ads? on the site to help support the cost for the Web Page.  How it works is that each time someone clicks on one of these ads, we get a few pennies. I?m please to say that we recently received over $ 140. from the last years of activities. This pays for about 6 months of the web page costs which are about $ 25.00 per month. So if you see any ad that is interesting to you when you visit the web page, please do click on it.

DVD Project

Marie-Christian might be finish the initial edit of the DVD by tomorrow, In this case, I will meet with her and get a copy and then try to arrange a meeting with anyone interested to view the video before the final cut and production.  At $ 20.00 each, we will have to sell at least a 100 copies to about break-even on the editing costs; the blank CD?s; covers etc. Once we pass the 100 mark, we should start making a little profit for the project.

Relocating the Tombstones

We may have found a spot to relocate the tombstones and keep them from further harm until we are ready to build our project. Mr. Tommy Doyle who owns the Doubleranch in St. Columban has invited us to visit his property and see if we can find a spot to store them.

That?s the update info. for now?

Take Care

Fergus

Hi Fergus,

Is there anything we (Irish Piper's of Quebec) can do as a club or individually, to promote your cause.?i.e. Fundraiser of some sort, piping in crowds, or Irish music provision..

Regards,

Daryl Mc.
Hi Fergus,

Is there anything we (Irish Piper's of Quebec) can do as a club or individually, to promote your cause.?i.e. Fundraiser of some sort, piping in crowds, or Irish music provision..

Regards,

Daryl Mc.
BTW, if anyone has a bodhran, don't be shy to bring it! Undecided

Daryl
BTW, if anyone has a bodhran, don't be shy to bring it! Undecided

Daryl