A Prayer for Emily

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ron Hurley, a long time supporter of our St. Columban descendants group has asked us to pass along this information with a request for a prayer for Emily....

Dear Friends of the Town of St. Columban,

I want to ask your special prayers for our grand daughter Emily Lusignan and her Mom, Alison, her Dad Mike, and little brother Noah.  Emily, 7 years old, was diagnosed Thursday, July 31, 2008 with a brain tumour which turns out to be a very aggressive cancer.  Emily had surgery at CHEO on Wednesday August 6, 2008 and is still in CHEO recovering from that.  Her Mom anfd Dad are to talk to her today to explain her situation.  Emily faces a long period of standard treatment ( 9 months ) of chemotherapy and radiation.  She was to start grade 2, in September but ths is now when the treatment will start.  She was to make her first communion this year.  Because the cancer has spread to the spine, her life is in jeopardy.  Emily is a very pretty and bright child.  Her parents have also been offered some clinical trials for Emily's condition.

In doing the ancestry of my McEvoy relatives who came to St. Columban about 1826/27, I've learned a lot about the first settlers of St. Columban and so many similar horror stories that they faced with the children they brought into this world.  I would ask then, that the descendants of St. Columban pioneers pray for my grand daughter Emily, her mother and my daughter Alison, her father Mike Lusignan and her little four year old brother Noah.

Thank you for this,

Sincerely,

Your friend, Ron Hurley

Ron Hurley, a long time supporter of our St. Columban descendants group has asked us to pass along this information with a request for a prayer for Emily....

Dear Friends of the Town of St. Columban,

I want to ask your special prayers for our grand daughter Emily Lusignan and her Mom, Alison, her Dad Mike, and little brother Noah.  Emily, 7 years old, was diagnosed Thursday, July 31, 2008 with a brain tumour which turns out to be a very aggressive cancer.  Emily had surgery at CHEO on Wednesday August 6, 2008 and is still in CHEO recovering from that.  Her Mom anfd Dad are to talk to her today to explain her situation.  Emily faces a long period of standard treatment ( 9 months ) of chemotherapy and radiation.  She was to start grade 2, in September but ths is now when the treatment will start.  She was to make her first communion this year.  Because the cancer has spread to the spine, her life is in jeopardy.  Emily is a very pretty and bright child.  Her parents have also been offered some clinical trials for Emily's condition.

In doing the ancestry of my McEvoy relatives who came to St. Columban about 1826/27, I've learned a lot about the first settlers of St. Columban and so many similar horror stories that they faced with the children they brought into this world.  I would ask then, that the descendants of St. Columban pioneers pray for my grand daughter Emily, her mother and my daughter Alison, her father Mike Lusignan and her little four year old brother Noah.

Thank you for this,

Sincerely,

Your friend, Ron Hurley