AN IRISH HEART

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There is a new book about Griffintown (A district in Montreal) just published and now available in bookstores called

AN IRSIH HEART
How a small migrant community shaped Canada
By Sharon Doyle Driedger
Harper Collins 404 Pages $ 34.99

There are reviews in both The Montreal Gazette and The Globe & Mail Newspapers. The review in the Gazette specifically mentions that one of the most interesting parts of the book is a section that relates to the effort to move the Irish from Griffintown to St. Columban.

I intend to pick up a copy in the next few days but you might find be interesting. The author will be at a Montreal Bookstore on Tuesday night, March 16th (Paragraph) and signing copies.

[size=10pt]Be sure to check out our Pasta fundraiser scheduled for May and noted on our front page www.stcolumban-irish.com[/size]
There is a new book about Griffintown (A district in Montreal) just published and now available in bookstores called

AN IRSIH HEART
How a small migrant community shaped Canada
By Sharon Doyle Driedger
Harper Collins 404 Pages $ 34.99

There are reviews in both The Montreal Gazette and The Globe & Mail Newspapers. The review in the Gazette specifically mentions that one of the most interesting parts of the book is a section that relates to the effort to move the Irish from Griffintown to St. Columban.

I intend to pick up a copy in the next few days but you might find be interesting. The author will be at a Montreal Bookstore on Tuesday night, March 16th (Paragraph) and signing copies.

[size=10pt]Be sure to check out our Pasta fundraiser scheduled for May and noted on our front page www.stcolumban-irish.com[/size]
An Irish Heart

I did get a copy of this book last night and read the first few chapters.

It looks really, really good - and gives a great overview of the hisotry of the Irish & Montreal

And, it also does indeed offer a few pages about the Irish moving from Griffintown (a district in Montreal) to St. Columban including an overview about the founding of St. Columban etc.

If you get a chance, you should also try to pick up a copy which seems to be now in most bookstores.
An Irish Heart

I did get a copy of this book last night and read the first few chapters.

It looks really, really good - and gives a great overview of the hisotry of the Irish & Montreal

And, it also does indeed offer a few pages about the Irish moving from Griffintown (a district in Montreal) to St. Columban including an overview about the founding of St. Columban etc.

If you get a chance, you should also try to pick up a copy which seems to be now in most bookstores.