Post request from the Irish Embassy in Ottawa

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[size=10pt]The irish Embassy in Ottawa have asked us to post this information[/size]

Dear all,

I am writing to ask for your assistance in bringing a message from the Irish Blood Transfusion Service to the attention of the Irish community in Canada.

The Irish Blood Transfusion Service wish to contact women who received BTSB Anti-D immunoglobulin between 1977-79 and between 1991-94.  If a woman had a miscarriage or gave birth in Ireland between 1st May 1977 and 31st July 1979, or between 1st March 1991 and 18th February 1994; is Rhesus negative; and received Anti-D to prevent ?blue baby syndrome? during either of these periods, she is asked to contact the Irish Blood transfusion Service (IBTS) to arrange for a  Hepatitis C blood test.

The IBTS can be contacted at +353 1 432 2872 or at RecipientTracing@ibts.ie .

I would be very grateful if you could bring this message to the attention of your members or if you could consider putting the attached poster on your websites or displaying it at your premises.  More information can also be found on the IBTS website at www.giveblood.ie/Clinical_Services/Monitoring_Programmes .

Many thanks as ever for your assistance,

Best regards,

Paula Molloy

Embassy of Ireland

Suite 1105, 130 Albert St

Ottawa, ON K1P 5G4

Canada

Ph: (613) 233-0413

Fax: (613) 233-5835

[size=10pt]The irish Embassy in Ottawa have asked us to post this information[/size]

Dear all,

I am writing to ask for your assistance in bringing a message from the Irish Blood Transfusion Service to the attention of the Irish community in Canada.

The Irish Blood Transfusion Service wish to contact women who received BTSB Anti-D immunoglobulin between 1977-79 and between 1991-94.  If a woman had a miscarriage or gave birth in Ireland between 1st May 1977 and 31st July 1979, or between 1st March 1991 and 18th February 1994; is Rhesus negative; and received Anti-D to prevent ?blue baby syndrome? during either of these periods, she is asked to contact the Irish Blood transfusion Service (IBTS) to arrange for a  Hepatitis C blood test.

The IBTS can be contacted at +353 1 432 2872 or at RecipientTracing@ibts.ie .

I would be very grateful if you could bring this message to the attention of your members or if you could consider putting the attached poster on your websites or displaying it at your premises.  More information can also be found on the IBTS website at www.giveblood.ie/Clinical_Services/Monitoring_Programmes .

Many thanks as ever for your assistance,

Best regards,

Paula Molloy

Embassy of Ireland

Suite 1105, 130 Albert St

Ottawa, ON K1P 5G4

Canada

Ph: (613) 233-0413

Fax: (613) 233-5835