Keyes-Madden Family moved to Dubuque, Iowa around 1848

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My great grandfather Andrew Keyes had three sisters ? Mary; Elizabeth (sometimes called Betty); and Judith (some records note her as Julia).

All were born in Ireland and were the children of Patrick Keyes & Honora Phelan

Mary married James Madden, on June 1st 1835, in St. Scholastique. They left St. Columban around June of 1848, when James and Mary moved to Dubuque, Iowa.

It seems that perhaps both her sisters - Elizabeth who married Matthew Power; and Judith who married who married Patrick Ryan - may have also moved to Dubuque

There are a number of people researching this part of my family and one, Pat Geiser, (Patriciamarx1@aol.com ) just sent me some great photos of James Madden and Mary Key(e)s, which I am attaching.
Pat is also looking for any information about her own great grandmother Honora Madden who was born in 1840.

I have other records of children born to Mary Keyes and James Madden ? but not one for Honora ? Not sure if anyone on the list has any information about Honora Madden?

In the meantime, here are the photos

Attached Files
.jpg   James Madden & Mary Keyes3.jpg (Size: 166.48 KB / Downloads: 119)
.jpg   James Madden 4.jpg (Size: 242.85 KB / Downloads: 119)
.jpg   James Madden 5.jpg (Size: 317.06 KB / Downloads: 133)
My great grandfather Andrew Keyes had three sisters ? Mary; Elizabeth (sometimes called Betty); and Judith (some records note her as Julia).

All were born in Ireland and were the children of Patrick Keyes & Honora Phelan

Mary married James Madden, on June 1st 1835, in St. Scholastique. They left St. Columban around June of 1848, when James and Mary moved to Dubuque, Iowa.

It seems that perhaps both her sisters - Elizabeth who married Matthew Power; and Judith who married who married Patrick Ryan - may have also moved to Dubuque

There are a number of people researching this part of my family and one, Pat Geiser, (Patriciamarx1@aol.com ) just sent me some great photos of James Madden and Mary Key(e)s, which I am attaching.
Pat is also looking for any information about her own great grandmother Honora Madden who was born in 1840.

I have other records of children born to Mary Keyes and James Madden ? but not one for Honora ? Not sure if anyone on the list has any information about Honora Madden?

In the meantime, here are the photos

Attached Files
.jpg   James Madden & Mary Keyes3.jpg (Size: 166.48 KB / Downloads: 119)
.jpg   James Madden 4.jpg (Size: 242.85 KB / Downloads: 119)
.jpg   James Madden 5.jpg (Size: 317.06 KB / Downloads: 133)

Messages In This Thread
Keyes-Madden Family moved to Dubuque, Iowa around 1848 - by Fergus_Keyes - 04-05-2011, 08:25 AM
Post Notes & Summary - by Fergus_Keyes - 04-06-2011, 10:04 AM