Keyes-Madden Family moved to Dubuque, Iowa around 1848

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pat Geiser, has now registered in our forum & has sent me some additional information and a photo. She noted that

?I would so much like to give credit for the photos and wonderful family history to my great aunt Cecilia Gertrude McDonald who passed it on to me.  She also left  me a solid gold cross that her mother, Honora Madden owned.  Aunt Ceil died in 1962.  She lived with us when I was growing up in Cincinnati, Ohio.  She worked for many years as a saleswoman in a Cincinnati department store.  She was a wonderful seamstress, as was her mother, Honora, who was a professional "Cloak and Dressmaker" (I have her business card.)    Aunt Ceil took care of her aging mother and never married.  Attached is a picture of Cecilia as a young woman.?

In addition to the attached photo Cecilia, the daughter of Honora Madden and grand daughter of James Madden & Mary Keyes, Pat has also sent me a page from Cecilia?s family history notes that is also attached.

Attached Files
.jpg   Cecilia McDonald - Grandaughter James Madden.JPG (Size: 64.96 KB / Downloads: 110)
.jpg   Cecilia McDonald # 2 - FH Notes.JPG (Size: 164.12 KB / Downloads: 127)
Pat Geiser, has now registered in our forum & has sent me some additional information and a photo. She noted that

?I would so much like to give credit for the photos and wonderful family history to my great aunt Cecilia Gertrude McDonald who passed it on to me.  She also left  me a solid gold cross that her mother, Honora Madden owned.  Aunt Ceil died in 1962.  She lived with us when I was growing up in Cincinnati, Ohio.  She worked for many years as a saleswoman in a Cincinnati department store.  She was a wonderful seamstress, as was her mother, Honora, who was a professional "Cloak and Dressmaker" (I have her business card.)    Aunt Ceil took care of her aging mother and never married.  Attached is a picture of Cecilia as a young woman.?

In addition to the attached photo Cecilia, the daughter of Honora Madden and grand daughter of James Madden & Mary Keyes, Pat has also sent me a page from Cecilia?s family history notes that is also attached.

Attached Files
.jpg   Cecilia McDonald - Grandaughter James Madden.JPG (Size: 64.96 KB / Downloads: 110)
.jpg   Cecilia McDonald # 2 - FH Notes.JPG (Size: 164.12 KB / Downloads: 127)

Messages In This Thread
Re: Keyes-Madden Family moved to Dubuque, Iowa around 1848 - by Fergus_Keyes - 04-06-2011, 07:42 AM
Post Notes & Summary - by Fergus_Keyes - 04-06-2011, 10:04 AM