Montreal Connections Update

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Patrick's, Montreal, May 12, 1863 - M69

[highlight]Thomas Carroll[/highlight], laborer,  of this parish, son of dec. William Carroll and of Catherine Cunningham of the parish of St. Columba (sic) to: [highlight]Bridget Holland [/highlight]of this parish, daughter Bartholemew Holland, farmer and of dec. Eleanor Stanton of St. Louis, U. States
Wit: Church official and of John Freney
St. Patrick's, Montreal, May 12, 1863 - M69

[highlight]Thomas Carroll[/highlight], laborer,  of this parish, son of dec. William Carroll and of Catherine Cunningham of the parish of St. Columba (sic) to: [highlight]Bridget Holland [/highlight]of this parish, daughter Bartholemew Holland, farmer and of dec. Eleanor Stanton of St. Louis, U. States
Wit: Church official and of John Freney
And, another Montreal - St. Columban connection

St. Patrick's, Montreal, June 14, 1861 - M 72
[highlight]John Murphy[/highlight],  of this parish, son of dec. [highlight]John Murphy and [/highlight][highlight]of dec. Mary Doyle [/highlight]of the parish of  Saint Columba (sic) TO: [highlight]Mary Ann Burke[/highlight], daughter of dec. [highlight]James Burke, servant,  Catharine Mitchell [/highlight]of this parish.
Wit: Patrick Murphy
And, another Montreal - St. Columban connection

St. Patrick's, Montreal, June 14, 1861 - M 72
[highlight]John Murphy[/highlight],  of this parish, son of dec. [highlight]John Murphy and [/highlight][highlight]of dec. Mary Doyle [/highlight]of the parish of  Saint Columba (sic) TO: [highlight]Mary Ann Burke[/highlight], daughter of dec. [highlight]James Burke, servant,  Catharine Mitchell [/highlight]of this parish.
Wit: Patrick Murphy
A Howard Family connection thanks to Shelia once again....

St. Patrick's, Montreal, Aug. 20, 1861 - M118
[highlight]James Byrne[/highlight], proprietor, domiciliated in the parish of Granville, son of John Byrne and of  Elizabeth Milway of the same parish. TO: [highlight]Mary Howard[/highlight], of this parish, daughter of [highlight]Jeremiah [/highlight][highlight]Howard,[/highlight] proprietor, and of [highlight]Margaret [/highlight][highlight]Keeffe[/highlight] of the parish of Saint Columba (sic)
Wit: Peter Bulgar and of  Ann B. Howard
A Howard Family connection thanks to Shelia once again....

St. Patrick's, Montreal, Aug. 20, 1861 - M118
[highlight]James Byrne[/highlight], proprietor, domiciliated in the parish of Granville, son of John Byrne and of  Elizabeth Milway of the same parish. TO: [highlight]Mary Howard[/highlight], of this parish, daughter of [highlight]Jeremiah [/highlight][highlight]Howard,[/highlight] proprietor, and of [highlight]Margaret [/highlight][highlight]Keeffe[/highlight] of the parish of Saint Columba (sic)
Wit: Peter Bulgar and of  Ann B. Howard
St. Patrick's, Montreal, Sept. 30, 1861 - M143

[highlight]Felix Casey[/highlight], ?joiner, of this parish, son of [highlight]James Casey [/highlight]and of [highlight]Mary Ann Laughran [/highlight]of the parish of St. Columba (sic) ?TO: [highlight]Ann Kenney[/highlight], of this parish, daughter of [highlight]John Kenney[/highlight], farmer and of dec. [highlight]Margaret Jacob [/highlight]of this parish.

Wit: John (looks like) McMullin and of Catherine Casey

Just a note that the Kenney & Jacob family were also from St. Columban and that Margaret Jacob died in March of 1844.
St. Patrick's, Montreal, Sept. 30, 1861 - M143

[highlight]Felix Casey[/highlight], ?joiner, of this parish, son of [highlight]James Casey [/highlight]and of [highlight]Mary Ann Laughran [/highlight]of the parish of St. Columba (sic) ?TO: [highlight]Ann Kenney[/highlight], of this parish, daughter of [highlight]John Kenney[/highlight], farmer and of dec. [highlight]Margaret Jacob [/highlight]of this parish.

Wit: John (looks like) McMullin and of Catherine Casey

Just a note that the Kenney & Jacob family were also from St. Columban and that Margaret Jacob died in March of 1844.
St. Patrick's, Montreal, June 16, 1862 - M95

[highlight]Patrick Murphy[/highlight], blacksmith, of this parish, son of dec. [highlight]John Murphy and of Mary Doyle[/highlight], of St. Columba (sic)  to: [highlight]Sarah Davis [/highlight]of this parish, minor daughter of [highlight]dec. William Davis, gasfitter and of dec. Sarah Stephens [/highlight]of Liverpool, England

[highlight]Wit: John McGrath, Catherine Doyle[/highlight]
St. Patrick's, Montreal, June 16, 1862 - M95

[highlight]Patrick Murphy[/highlight], blacksmith, of this parish, son of dec. [highlight]John Murphy and of Mary Doyle[/highlight], of St. Columba (sic)  to: [highlight]Sarah Davis [/highlight]of this parish, minor daughter of [highlight]dec. William Davis, gasfitter and of dec. Sarah Stephens [/highlight]of Liverpool, England

[highlight]Wit: John McGrath, Catherine Doyle[/highlight]
St. Patrick's, Montreal, June 23, 1862 - M99

[highlight]Joseph Alexandre[/highlight], gardener, of this parish, wid. of Pauline Leduc of this parish
TO: [highlight]Bridget Quinlan [/highlight]of this parish, daughter of [highlight]James [/highlight][highlight]Quinlan[/highlight], farmer and of dec. [highlight]Judith [/highlight][highlight]Flannery[/highlight] of St. Columba (sic)

Wit: Joseph Lavoix

Note: Judith Flannery had died in St. Columban in July of 1843
St. Patrick's, Montreal, June 23, 1862 - M99

[highlight]Joseph Alexandre[/highlight], gardener, of this parish, wid. of Pauline Leduc of this parish
TO: [highlight]Bridget Quinlan [/highlight]of this parish, daughter of [highlight]James [/highlight][highlight]Quinlan[/highlight], farmer and of dec. [highlight]Judith [/highlight][highlight]Flannery[/highlight] of St. Columba (sic)

Wit: Joseph Lavoix

Note: Judith Flannery had died in St. Columban in July of 1843
Hi Fergus
The family tree which was sent to the St. Columban list today.
Sheila

On page 6, the have a marrige of [highlight]George Williams to Gertrude Enlow[/highlight].  This Gertrude Enlow's parents marriage took place at St. Pat's, Montreal.  
NOTE: [highlight]the Enlow name is also spelled Anlow [/highlight]at various times, the reasons?? - it is the same family.

St. Patrick's, Montreal - M52, Aug. 5, 1879 -

copied from the actual microfilm.
[highlight]John Anlow [/highlight](sic) labourer, of this parish, son of age of [highlight]John Anlow and Emilia Major[/highlight], of Guelph/Guelf, in Ontario. To: [highlight]Catharine Delaney  [/highlight]of this parish, daughter of [highlight]James [/highlight][highlight]Delaney[/highlight], farmer and of [highlight]Bridget Kelly [/highlight]of St. Columban

Wit: Dominick Anlow (signed) Ellen Delaney

St. Patrick's, Montreal - M36, July 22, 1884

[highlight]Dominick Anlow[/highlight], carter, of this parish,  son of age of [highlight]John [/highlight][highlight]Anlow and of Emily (sic) Major [/highlight]of this parish. To: [highlight]Catherine Dooley or Dooly[/highlight], of this parish, daughter of Patrick Dooley, gardener and of [highlight]Maria, (looks like) Moghen? of this parish.[/highlight]

Wit: Michael Dooley, brother to the bride  and of John Anlow, brother to groom, also Mary Ellen Bahen
Signatures difficult to read.

Hi Fergus
The family tree which was sent to the St. Columban list today.
Sheila

On page 6, the have a marrige of [highlight]George Williams to Gertrude Enlow[/highlight].  This Gertrude Enlow's parents marriage took place at St. Pat's, Montreal.  
NOTE: [highlight]the Enlow name is also spelled Anlow [/highlight]at various times, the reasons?? - it is the same family.

St. Patrick's, Montreal - M52, Aug. 5, 1879 -

copied from the actual microfilm.
[highlight]John Anlow [/highlight](sic) labourer, of this parish, son of age of [highlight]John Anlow and Emilia Major[/highlight], of Guelph/Guelf, in Ontario. To: [highlight]Catharine Delaney  [/highlight]of this parish, daughter of [highlight]James [/highlight][highlight]Delaney[/highlight], farmer and of [highlight]Bridget Kelly [/highlight]of St. Columban

Wit: Dominick Anlow (signed) Ellen Delaney

St. Patrick's, Montreal - M36, July 22, 1884

[highlight]Dominick Anlow[/highlight], carter, of this parish,  son of age of [highlight]John [/highlight][highlight]Anlow and of Emily (sic) Major [/highlight]of this parish. To: [highlight]Catherine Dooley or Dooly[/highlight], of this parish, daughter of Patrick Dooley, gardener and of [highlight]Maria, (looks like) Moghen? of this parish.[/highlight]

Wit: Michael Dooley, brother to the bride  and of John Anlow, brother to groom, also Mary Ellen Bahen
Signatures difficult to read.

More Delaney & Anlow/Enlow info. from Shelia

I think this belongs with your  St. Columban group. The name Enlow and Anlow are interchangeable.  I may have sent the parents marriage, Anlow/Delaney, if so, I sent the wrong date, typo.  I have to go back to the film.

Bye
Sheila

St. Louis-de-France, Montreal
Nov. 16, 1903

[highlight]John Enlow[/highlight], son of [highlight]John Anlow [/highlight]and [highlight]Catherine Delaney[/highlight], to:[highlight] Azilda Gagne [/highlight]daughter of [highlight]George Gagne and Emelie Lefebvre[/highlight].
More Delaney & Anlow/Enlow info. from Shelia

I think this belongs with your  St. Columban group. The name Enlow and Anlow are interchangeable.  I may have sent the parents marriage, Anlow/Delaney, if so, I sent the wrong date, typo.  I have to go back to the film.

Bye
Sheila

St. Louis-de-France, Montreal
Nov. 16, 1903

[highlight]John Enlow[/highlight], son of [highlight]John Anlow [/highlight]and [highlight]Catherine Delaney[/highlight], to:[highlight] Azilda Gagne [/highlight]daughter of [highlight]George Gagne and Emelie Lefebvre[/highlight].
St. Ann's, Griffintown/Montreal

April 13, 1877 - M26

[highlight]Patrick Brennan[/highlight], cooper, of this parish son of age of dec. [highlight]Lawrence Brennan and of dec. Margaret McMahon[/highlight], of this parish. TO:  [highlight]Catharine Hart [/highlight]of this parish daughter of  age of [highlight]Hugh Hart, farmer and of Cecelia Barrett of  St. Columbia [/highlight]
(sic)
Wit: Felix Bracken and Mary Ann Hart.
Note: no children baptised at St. Ann's

Sheila
St. Ann's, Griffintown/Montreal

April 13, 1877 - M26

[highlight]Patrick Brennan[/highlight], cooper, of this parish son of age of dec. [highlight]Lawrence Brennan and of dec. Margaret McMahon[/highlight], of this parish. TO:  [highlight]Catharine Hart [/highlight]of this parish daughter of  age of [highlight]Hugh Hart, farmer and of Cecelia Barrett of  St. Columbia [/highlight]
(sic)
Wit: Felix Bracken and Mary Ann Hart.
Note: no children baptised at St. Ann's

Sheila
St. Ann's, Griffintown/Montreal, April 23, 1895 - M16

[highlight]William McKeown [/highlight](poor writing)  son of [highlight]Robert McKeown [/highlight]and of dec. [highlight]Catherine (looks like) Qullan/Cullan/Quillan??  [/highlight]TO: [highlight]Mary Ann Hart[/highlight], daughter of [highlight]dec. Hugh Hart and of dec. Cecilia Barett [/highlight](sic) dec. (from microfilm)

Wit: (looks like) P. Schellhane---, John Donaghue
Note: no children baptised there up to 1899.

Sheila

Additional Note ( from Fergus Keyes)

Only thing that I can add is that [highlight]Mary Ann Hart [/highlight]was born in St. Columban October 8 1843 - B30

Since that would make her 52 years old when she married William McKeown, I did check back in our records and found what I suspect is a previous marriage for Mary Ann ... (Although I do not have a death date recorded for her likely 1st husband - William O'Leary) ... This would be the info..

[highlight]Mary Ann Hart [/highlight]married [highlight]William O'Leary (of Montreal)[/highlight] and son of [highlight]Peter O'Leary & Bridget Sullivan [/highlight]on September 14 1880 in St. Columban...

Do not have this probable 2nd husband William McKeown in my file...
St. Ann's, Griffintown/Montreal, April 23, 1895 - M16

[highlight]William McKeown [/highlight](poor writing)  son of [highlight]Robert McKeown [/highlight]and of dec. [highlight]Catherine (looks like) Qullan/Cullan/Quillan??  [/highlight]TO: [highlight]Mary Ann Hart[/highlight], daughter of [highlight]dec. Hugh Hart and of dec. Cecilia Barett [/highlight](sic) dec. (from microfilm)

Wit: (looks like) P. Schellhane---, John Donaghue
Note: no children baptised there up to 1899.

Sheila

Additional Note ( from Fergus Keyes)

Only thing that I can add is that [highlight]Mary Ann Hart [/highlight]was born in St. Columban October 8 1843 - B30

Since that would make her 52 years old when she married William McKeown, I did check back in our records and found what I suspect is a previous marriage for Mary Ann ... (Although I do not have a death date recorded for her likely 1st husband - William O'Leary) ... This would be the info..

[highlight]Mary Ann Hart [/highlight]married [highlight]William O'Leary (of Montreal)[/highlight] and son of [highlight]Peter O'Leary & Bridget Sullivan [/highlight]on September 14 1880 in St. Columban...

Do not have this probable 2nd husband William McKeown in my file...