Irish origins of settlers in St. Columban

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If at first you don't succeed !!

Sorry, I clicked on the wrong picture and added a Stapleton tombstonee instead of the Walsh tombstone.

But now that I look at it, I am more sure that this Walsh stone is in the old Balleyragget cemetery.

In case anyone ever goes there, you have to ask the locals in order to find this particular cemetery. It is just outside of Balleyragget on the road to the city of Kilkenny and down a dirt road. It was the site of the original church in Balleyragget which was later rebuilt in the town..There is a small sign but not likely to be seen unless someone tells you it is there...

Take Care

Fergus

Attached Files
.jpg   Walsh.jpg (Size: 1.12 MB / Downloads: 144)
.jpg   Walsh.jpg (Size: 1.12 MB / Downloads: 155)
If at first you don't succeed !!

Sorry, I clicked on the wrong picture and added a Stapleton tombstonee instead of the Walsh tombstone.

But now that I look at it, I am more sure that this Walsh stone is in the old Balleyragget cemetery.

In case anyone ever goes there, you have to ask the locals in order to find this particular cemetery. It is just outside of Balleyragget on the road to the city of Kilkenny and down a dirt road. It was the site of the original church in Balleyragget which was later rebuilt in the town..There is a small sign but not likely to be seen unless someone tells you it is there...

Take Care

Fergus

Attached Files
.jpg   Walsh.jpg (Size: 1.12 MB / Downloads: 144)
.jpg   Walsh.jpg (Size: 1.12 MB / Downloads: 155)

Messages In This Thread
Irish origins of settlers in St. Columban - by marylund - 10-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Re: Irish origins of settlers in St. Columban - by Fergus_Keyes - 10-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Map of Kilkenny - by Fergus_Keyes - 10-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Kilkenny Homeowners C. 1640 - by Fergus_Keyes - 10-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Re: Irish origins of settlers in St. Columban - by jeff.legault - 10-11-2008, 08:49 PM
Re: Irish origins of settlers in St. Columban - by jeff.legault - 10-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Re: Irish origins of settlers in St. Columban - by jeff.legault - 10-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Rothe House - by Fergus_Keyes - 10-12-2008, 01:18 PM