Irish origins of settlers in St. Columban

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great stuff Gary!

In your post, you mentioned Rothe House and on our recent trip to Ireland, we did visit this location. We found the staff lots of fun, and enjoyed our discussion with them. (Although they refused to accept our claim that the Keyes family probably owned the Kilkenny Castle and they would not give it back to us!)

I did leave the 60 Euros and they will do some research for me ? the results are likely to be sent in about 4 ? 6 weeks. However, they did mention that some records, particularly in Castlecomer. are missing ? (of course, just for the years that I am searching!!). We did, of course, deny any possibility that the original Patrick Keyes that came to Canada around 1825 could have taken these missing records with him- although the missing dates are somewhat suspicious!

They do emphasize that the fee paid is for research only and they do not guarantee any results at all. (Again they refused to make up any stuff that that would make the Keyes family all Kings of Ireland - instead of farmers!).

At any rate, if you did want someone in Kilkenny to do a very good search of records and are willing to pay something for this search, I would also recommend Rothe House.

You can find information on their site at:

http://www.rothehouse.com/

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving

Fergus

Attached Files
.jpg   Rothe_House.jpg (Size: 1.99 MB / Downloads: 191)
.jpg   Rothe_House.jpg (Size: 1.99 MB / Downloads: 174)
Great stuff Gary!

In your post, you mentioned Rothe House and on our recent trip to Ireland, we did visit this location. We found the staff lots of fun, and enjoyed our discussion with them. (Although they refused to accept our claim that the Keyes family probably owned the Kilkenny Castle and they would not give it back to us!)

I did leave the 60 Euros and they will do some research for me ? the results are likely to be sent in about 4 ? 6 weeks. However, they did mention that some records, particularly in Castlecomer. are missing ? (of course, just for the years that I am searching!!). We did, of course, deny any possibility that the original Patrick Keyes that came to Canada around 1825 could have taken these missing records with him- although the missing dates are somewhat suspicious!

They do emphasize that the fee paid is for research only and they do not guarantee any results at all. (Again they refused to make up any stuff that that would make the Keyes family all Kings of Ireland - instead of farmers!).

At any rate, if you did want someone in Kilkenny to do a very good search of records and are willing to pay something for this search, I would also recommend Rothe House.

You can find information on their site at:

http://www.rothehouse.com/

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving

Fergus

Attached Files
.jpg   Rothe_House.jpg (Size: 1.99 MB / Downloads: 191)
.jpg   Rothe_House.jpg (Size: 1.99 MB / Downloads: 174)

Messages In This Thread
Irish origins of settlers in St. Columban - by marylund - 10-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Map of Kilkenny - by Fergus_Keyes - 10-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Kilkenny Homeowners C. 1640 - by Fergus_Keyes - 10-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Re: Irish origins of settlers in St. Columban - by jeff.legault - 10-11-2008, 08:49 PM
Re: Irish origins of settlers in St. Columban - by jeff.legault - 10-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Re: Irish origins of settlers in St. Columban - by jeff.legault - 10-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Rothe House - by Fergus_Keyes - 10-12-2008, 01:18 PM