On Saturday, July 3rd 2010, the descendants, and friends, of St. Columban unveiled the Cemetery monument dedicated to the original Irish Settlers in St. Columban
The unveiling started with a small procession at 11am from the Church at St. Colomban to the Cemetery. There was small ceremony to unveil and bless the stone walls.
We encourage everyone that didn't make it to the ceremony to visit the cemetery to see the new monument walls.
How to get there:
Directions to St. Columban….
- Take Highway/Autoroute 15 North
- Exit at the Mirabel Airport (Hwy 50)
- Just after you pass Mirabel Airport, take the first exit on the right
(Note the sign for the exit is spelled “Saint-Colomban”)
- At the Stop sign turn right
- Then stay on this road until the end until you see the Church at St, Columban
Below are a few short video clips from the July 3, 2010 ceremony