Initial Plan for Cemtery Structure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As an update concerning the Cemtery Restoration plan, here is a quick e-mail from Anne McLaughlin. As you know, Anne & Claude are working with the Fabrique in St. Columban to get permissio to do whatever we plan to do....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spoke with Mrs Daoust today, the President of the "Fabrique" (St. Columban Parish Council). Firstly, we (Restoration Committee) ONLY need the approval of the Parish Council to carry out work in the Cemetery - we do not have to communicate with the Bishop's office in St.Jerome.

In addition, I suggested that some (4 or more if wanted) Restoration Cttee members might attend the next Parish meeting to review the Draft of the Restoration Cttee's ideas on a Monument to integrate the broken Tomb Stones, and other displays to honour our ancestors. Ideally this would be carried out in the Cemetery itself. Mrs Daoust liked that approach.

The next meeting of the "Fabrique"  (St.Columban Parish Council) is planned for June 20th, 7pm - should this date need to be cancelled, I am to check with her on June 16 or 17 for possible changes, and I will advise you of the final date.

Hopefully, this information should help us orient our proposed plans.

Thanks,

Anne (McLaughlin)

As an update concerning the Cemtery Restoration plan, here is a quick e-mail from Anne McLaughlin. As you know, Anne & Claude are working with the Fabrique in St. Columban to get permissio to do whatever we plan to do....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spoke with Mrs Daoust today, the President of the "Fabrique" (St. Columban Parish Council). Firstly, we (Restoration Committee) ONLY need the approval of the Parish Council to carry out work in the Cemetery - we do not have to communicate with the Bishop's office in St.Jerome.

In addition, I suggested that some (4 or more if wanted) Restoration Cttee members might attend the next Parish meeting to review the Draft of the Restoration Cttee's ideas on a Monument to integrate the broken Tomb Stones, and other displays to honour our ancestors. Ideally this would be carried out in the Cemetery itself. Mrs Daoust liked that approach.

The next meeting of the "Fabrique"  (St.Columban Parish Council) is planned for June 20th, 7pm - should this date need to be cancelled, I am to check with her on June 16 or 17 for possible changes, and I will advise you of the final date.

Hopefully, this information should help us orient our proposed plans.

Thanks,

Anne (McLaughlin)

Messages In This Thread
Re: Initial Plan for Cemtery Structure - by jeff.legault - 05-25-2006, 11:31 PM
Re: Initial Plan for Cemtery Structure - by kneil - 05-29-2006, 11:18 AM
Anne's Note about the "Fabrique" discussion - by Fergus_Keyes - 05-29-2006, 02:29 PM