History Channel: Phelan Family Information Request

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A suggestion for the PHALEN researcher from Toronto.Pperhaps he might find REAL connections in Kilkenny by looking at the church records; these are the ONLY records to tie persons together in family groups.

The LDS has records for the RC parish of Rathbeagh, Lisdowney Civil Parish 1817-1881 on film #926199. I found some BLANCHFIELD-PHELAN baptisms there: Richard, Michael, Martin, and Margaret.  

I wrote down this reference to a Daniel Phelan:
Baptism in Aireguar 27 Aug. 1818 of Mary Phelan, daughter of Daniel Phelan and Bridget Purcell. Godparents: John Sutton and Catherine Maher. Priest: Richard Butler.

There may have been others. Good luck!
A suggestion for the PHALEN researcher from Toronto.Pperhaps he might find REAL connections in Kilkenny by looking at the church records; these are the ONLY records to tie persons together in family groups.

The LDS has records for the RC parish of Rathbeagh, Lisdowney Civil Parish 1817-1881 on film #926199. I found some BLANCHFIELD-PHELAN baptisms there: Richard, Michael, Martin, and Margaret.  

I wrote down this reference to a Daniel Phelan:
Baptism in Aireguar 27 Aug. 1818 of Mary Phelan, daughter of Daniel Phelan and Bridget Purcell. Godparents: John Sutton and Catherine Maher. Priest: Richard Butler.

There may have been others. Good luck!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Phelan Family Information Request - by marylund - 08-04-2006, 06:06 PM