Heritage Workshops for the Laurentians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From:Sandra Stock, Quebec Anglophone Heritage Network, Laurentian region

After reading an article in the March Montreal Catholic Times,(St.Columban Irish not forgotten) and then visiting your excellent website re.St.Columban, I am sure that you would be interested in the upcoming (April) series of Laurentian Heritage Heritage Conservation Workshops that will be offered by the Quebec Anglophone Heritage Network. The details are in the two (English and French) attached notices. I have also sent this information to Kathleen Coughlin Dunn at the Catholic Times.

I have very recently become the director for the Laurentian region for QAHN, but have been active with the Morin Heights Historical Association since its beginnings eight years ago. Our website is www.morinheightshistory.org and also we have published, as our main fund raiser, now seven more or less annual, and now bilingual, editions of our local historical magazine The Porcupine-Le Porc-epic. We are very interested in the history of our entire area, and I am particularily concerned with the identification, preservation and so on of  heritage buildings and sites such as your St.Columban cemetery. I hope that someone from your group can attend one of our free Workshops as the main purpose of these is to inform people as to how to obtain  (mainly federal government) assistance for heritage projects. Also, perhaps you could add the Morin Heights Historical Assn. website to your "links" page.

Thank you. Sandra Stock, Morin Heights

--
From:Sandra Stock, Quebec Anglophone Heritage Network, Laurentian region

After reading an article in the March Montreal Catholic Times,(St.Columban Irish not forgotten) and then visiting your excellent website re.St.Columban, I am sure that you would be interested in the upcoming (April) series of Laurentian Heritage Heritage Conservation Workshops that will be offered by the Quebec Anglophone Heritage Network. The details are in the two (English and French) attached notices. I have also sent this information to Kathleen Coughlin Dunn at the Catholic Times.

I have very recently become the director for the Laurentian region for QAHN, but have been active with the Morin Heights Historical Association since its beginnings eight years ago. Our website is www.morinheightshistory.org and also we have published, as our main fund raiser, now seven more or less annual, and now bilingual, editions of our local historical magazine The Porcupine-Le Porc-epic. We are very interested in the history of our entire area, and I am particularily concerned with the identification, preservation and so on of  heritage buildings and sites such as your St.Columban cemetery. I hope that someone from your group can attend one of our free Workshops as the main purpose of these is to inform people as to how to obtain  (mainly federal government) assistance for heritage projects. Also, perhaps you could add the Morin Heights Historical Assn. website to your "links" page.

Thank you. Sandra Stock, Morin Heights

--