New Search Engine on Main Web Site

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeff Legault has done it again!
He has added a great new feature on the main opening page of the St. Columban site (www.stcolumban-irish.com) - [highlight]"A search engine"[/highlight]

You can find this button at the top of the page, just to the right of Published Histories. (if you don't see it at first, click on your refresh button under view at the top of your page).

As we add more and more to the site, it is sometimes hard to go back an check on something, when you can't remember where you seen it! And, sometimes at the time that something is added, and we don't have the time to read the text fully - for example, I tested this search by putting in my own family name and found a reference in some other documents that I had not noticed - and I am involved in almost everything added to the site!!!

So, this search is really easy to use - just click on the search button and punch in the key word(s) that you are looking for and Voila! there is a bunch of references...

Jeff Legault has done it again!
He has added a great new feature on the main opening page of the St. Columban site (www.stcolumban-irish.com) - [highlight]"A search engine"[/highlight]

You can find this button at the top of the page, just to the right of Published Histories. (if you don't see it at first, click on your refresh button under view at the top of your page).

As we add more and more to the site, it is sometimes hard to go back an check on something, when you can't remember where you seen it! And, sometimes at the time that something is added, and we don't have the time to read the text fully - for example, I tested this search by putting in my own family name and found a reference in some other documents that I had not noticed - and I am involved in almost everything added to the site!!!

So, this search is really easy to use - just click on the search button and punch in the key word(s) that you are looking for and Voila! there is a bunch of references...