News

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm proud to be involved with a group so passionate about preserving our heritage and wanting to make a difference that hopefully our youth will some day appreciate. Maybe they will think twice about engaging in destructful acts if this sinks in. Well put everyone.

Our timing in coming together in this group effort for our project is not a moment too soon. It's important we continue to drive forward by leading our youth with positive examples and remind folks of how hard it was for our ancestors just to survive without any of the luxuries we enjoy today. They paved the way for us and deserve every ounce of respect we can muster and convey to others.

Our virtual cemetery (AKA Family Data Library) dream is nearing completion as promised and I hope to reveal the first phase of this to the group at the May 13th meeting. Lot's of work by everyone to date and still a lot more to complete before we have everything documented about St. Columban and it's rich history. ?So far we have about 450 individuals documented from 222 inscriptions (Kelley O'Rourke and Nathalie Morneau slaved over) just for the visable markers in the cemetery as well as over 260 photographs (thaks to Kelley again and Fergus) of the markers with more to be added. I think you will like what you see and find this to be a powerful tool to research and communicate information about our heritage.

Stay tuned for the big reveal!

On the educating youth idea I think we can come up with a special area on the web site to leverage the material we have with some well written copy and images. This is a very powerful medium. Something maybe for next school year in September.

By the way I work for this company in Ottawa below where we have in house expertise on developing projects for K-12 audience that I will see if I can tap into for creative ideas on how to develop such an area. My colleagues have been following our little web site closely and are rooting for it to succeed.

ePALS Classroom Exchange
http://www.epals.com
I'm proud to be involved with a group so passionate about preserving our heritage and wanting to make a difference that hopefully our youth will some day appreciate. Maybe they will think twice about engaging in destructful acts if this sinks in. Well put everyone.

Our timing in coming together in this group effort for our project is not a moment too soon. It's important we continue to drive forward by leading our youth with positive examples and remind folks of how hard it was for our ancestors just to survive without any of the luxuries we enjoy today. They paved the way for us and deserve every ounce of respect we can muster and convey to others.

Our virtual cemetery (AKA Family Data Library) dream is nearing completion as promised and I hope to reveal the first phase of this to the group at the May 13th meeting. Lot's of work by everyone to date and still a lot more to complete before we have everything documented about St. Columban and it's rich history. ?So far we have about 450 individuals documented from 222 inscriptions (Kelley O'Rourke and Nathalie Morneau slaved over) just for the visable markers in the cemetery as well as over 260 photographs (thaks to Kelley again and Fergus) of the markers with more to be added. I think you will like what you see and find this to be a powerful tool to research and communicate information about our heritage.

Stay tuned for the big reveal!

On the educating youth idea I think we can come up with a special area on the web site to leverage the material we have with some well written copy and images. This is a very powerful medium. Something maybe for next school year in September.

By the way I work for this company in Ottawa below where we have in house expertise on developing projects for K-12 audience that I will see if I can tap into for creative ideas on how to develop such an area. My colleagues have been following our little web site closely and are rooting for it to succeed.

ePALS Classroom Exchange
http://www.epals.com

Messages In This Thread
News - by claude_bourguignon - 05-03-2006, 11:47 AM
Re: News - by Joyce - 05-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Re: News - One idea anyway ... - by Fergus_Keyes - 05-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Re: News - by claude_bourguignon - 05-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Re: News - by marylund - 05-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Re: News - by Fergus_Keyes - 05-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Re: News - by kneil - 05-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Re: News - by jeff.legault - 05-03-2006, 08:46 PM
St. Canut Cemetery Report - by Fergus_Keyes - 05-05-2006, 08:08 AM