General Information from Shelia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheila has sent us a couple of web sites that might be of interest...

1. This first one involves a park/monumnet that is scheduled to be built in Toronto in 2007 to honour the Irish Famine Victims:

http://www.irelandparkfoundation.com/

2. This 2nd one involves an American group that is selling "Two Mountains" information about varous parishes including St. Columban and can viewed at:

I have removed this link both based on the note from Jeff and since Shelia also let me know that she was just informing me about this site - and I should not have actually published the address...

Fergus
Sheila has sent us a couple of web sites that might be of interest...

1. This first one involves a park/monumnet that is scheduled to be built in Toronto in 2007 to honour the Irish Famine Victims:

http://www.irelandparkfoundation.com/

2. This 2nd one involves an American group that is selling "Two Mountains" information about varous parishes including St. Columban and can viewed at:

I have removed this link both based on the note from Jeff and since Shelia also let me know that she was just informing me about this site - and I should not have actually published the address...

Fergus
Just a brief word of caution on the security and integrity on this web site from Quintin Publications:

On the surface this web site seems well intentioned and may very well be run by a credible group however, I would caution against purchasing online. The online ordering system is not fully secure and has not been set up by a competent party for the group.

Also a number of the links on the site are broken or services are discontinued which also makes it very suspicious. I suggest keeping an eye on the site if you intend to make a purchase to see if it improves as they are suggesting it will in the future after it's been rebuilt.

Cheers!

Just a brief word of caution on the security and integrity on this web site from Quintin Publications:

On the surface this web site seems well intentioned and may very well be run by a credible group however, I would caution against purchasing online. The online ordering system is not fully secure and has not been set up by a competent party for the group.

Also a number of the links on the site are broken or services are discontinued which also makes it very suspicious. I suggest keeping an eye on the site if you intend to make a purchase to see if it improves as they are suggesting it will in the future after it's been rebuilt.

Cheers!