Next Meeting - This Saturday (Sept. 2 2006)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Many of you likely will receive this notice by direct e-mail. But since some of you are not on the e-mail list, I thought I would also post it here

Hi Everyone;

Our next meeting of our St. Columban group will be held at Kelley's house in Baie D'Ufre, this Saturday, September 2nd at 10 am.

Our main objective will be discuss the planning for the Irish Extravaganza that we will be presenting in January 2007 as a method of raising more funding for our Cemetery Restoration project.

Please let me know if you can attend, and if you need additional information, including directions to Kelley's place, just send me a quick e-mail.

Hope everyone has had a nice summer...

Thanks & Take Care

Fergus
Many of you likely will receive this notice by direct e-mail. But since some of you are not on the e-mail list, I thought I would also post it here

Hi Everyone;

Our next meeting of our St. Columban group will be held at Kelley's house in Baie D'Ufre, this Saturday, September 2nd at 10 am.

Our main objective will be discuss the planning for the Irish Extravaganza that we will be presenting in January 2007 as a method of raising more funding for our Cemetery Restoration project.

Please let me know if you can attend, and if you need additional information, including directions to Kelley's place, just send me a quick e-mail.

Hope everyone has had a nice summer...

Thanks & Take Care

Fergus
A very quick meeting update report

St. Columban Meeting Saturday September 2nd 2006

Hi Everyone;

We did have a meeting mainly concerning our St. Columban Extravaganza Fundraising Event scheduled for January 27 2007 and here is a very quick overview.

The objective of this event will be - not only be to honour our own Irish ancestors that arrived in the 1820?s - but also to celebrate all immigrants who left their homes with hope, to settle in North America.

And the other objective is, of course, to raise enough funding to repair the Cemetery. With any luck this event might allow us to consider starting the restoration project as early as next Spring.

The arrangements have been tentatively made for the live music; the dancers; and the singers but now we need to find a capable person that can produce/direct the production. An experienced person who can make the actual production interesting and fun. Both Claude and Kelley may know such a producer/director so we hope to find someone soon.

I and Kelley will also try to arrange to meet with the Oscar Petersen Hall organizers to find out about any rules concerning selling wine & beer; the actual capacity of the hall (we think it is 570); etc. etc.

We have determined that the tickets will likely be at a cost of $ 30.00 each for adults and $ 25.00 for seniors over 65 and kids under 16 until December 15th and then after December 15th will perhaps increase to $ 35 and $ 30.

I will talk to Jeff Legault on how we can set up an order form for tickets on the Web Site ASAP.

We will also look for companies that might want to advertise in the program booklet and/or be corporate sponsors for the event.

All monies received will be given to our St. Patrick?s fund for the project but Kelley will co-ordinate all the sales etc. Ned will be meeting with The St. Patrick?s Society soon to see, if for technical reasons, they are willing to sign the lease agreement with the Oscar Petersen Hall. Checks can be made to St. Patrick?s Society; Cash sent to Kelley and we?ll see about how we can accept credit cards.

We will keep you all informed as we progress but perhaps you can consider approaching family and friends to purchase tickets and other people that you  might know to advertise.

Anne also gave us an update on her meeting with the St. Columban Church officials and I gave a quick review of my presentation for Ottawa in a few weeks time.

So that?s it for now ? If anyone has anything to add or change to this very quick report, please let me know?.

Take Care

Fergus

A very quick meeting update report

St. Columban Meeting Saturday September 2nd 2006

Hi Everyone;

We did have a meeting mainly concerning our St. Columban Extravaganza Fundraising Event scheduled for January 27 2007 and here is a very quick overview.

The objective of this event will be - not only be to honour our own Irish ancestors that arrived in the 1820?s - but also to celebrate all immigrants who left their homes with hope, to settle in North America.

And the other objective is, of course, to raise enough funding to repair the Cemetery. With any luck this event might allow us to consider starting the restoration project as early as next Spring.

The arrangements have been tentatively made for the live music; the dancers; and the singers but now we need to find a capable person that can produce/direct the production. An experienced person who can make the actual production interesting and fun. Both Claude and Kelley may know such a producer/director so we hope to find someone soon.

I and Kelley will also try to arrange to meet with the Oscar Petersen Hall organizers to find out about any rules concerning selling wine & beer; the actual capacity of the hall (we think it is 570); etc. etc.

We have determined that the tickets will likely be at a cost of $ 30.00 each for adults and $ 25.00 for seniors over 65 and kids under 16 until December 15th and then after December 15th will perhaps increase to $ 35 and $ 30.

I will talk to Jeff Legault on how we can set up an order form for tickets on the Web Site ASAP.

We will also look for companies that might want to advertise in the program booklet and/or be corporate sponsors for the event.

All monies received will be given to our St. Patrick?s fund for the project but Kelley will co-ordinate all the sales etc. Ned will be meeting with The St. Patrick?s Society soon to see, if for technical reasons, they are willing to sign the lease agreement with the Oscar Petersen Hall. Checks can be made to St. Patrick?s Society; Cash sent to Kelley and we?ll see about how we can accept credit cards.

We will keep you all informed as we progress but perhaps you can consider approaching family and friends to purchase tickets and other people that you  might know to advertise.

Anne also gave us an update on her meeting with the St. Columban Church officials and I gave a quick review of my presentation for Ottawa in a few weeks time.

So that?s it for now ? If anyone has anything to add or change to this very quick report, please let me know?.

Take Care

Fergus