Event Meeting Notes - November 18th 2006

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is a quick overview of our meeting held at Kelley?s on November 18th 2006.

This meeting was mainly concerned with the actual production of our event.

I am sending it to both the general ?Descendants E-Mail List? and the ?Production Team List?- so you may receive two copies of this report?

1.      Margo Heron

Margo has taken the lead role in the actual planning of our production. She will contact Oscar Peterson Hall directly for some to answers to her questions about the services offered by the Hall. Margo will also determine a ?rehearsal schedule? and a location for these rehearsals. We have determined to keep it as simple as possible to limit the amount of time required for rehearsals and, for example, will likely use lighting as much as possible rather than props etc.

2.      Bernadette Short

Bernadette will contact Bill Gossage directly to arrange for the co-ordination of her dancers with the music that Bill and his group will perform.

3.      Gala Event

We have also decided to offer a gala event immediately after the show to be held in the Atrium of Oscar Peterson Hall. This would be a basic ?Wine & Cheese? gala so that people that attend the show could meet with the various talent that is putting it together. Tickets for this event will be sold at $ 15.00 each. So we will have a regular ticket at $ 30.00 or a Gala Ticket at $ 45.00 (They are actually two separate tickets). So when you are selling or buying tickets, be sure to mention this additional $ 15.00 event. I?ll contact Jeff to see how we can outline this possibility on our reservation form on the web site.

4.      Actual Tickets

Ken Neil has had the actual tickets to the event printed. So we now have the      tickets ? if you would like some tickets to promote to your friends and family, please      contact Kelley.

5.      CD of the Event

We have started to shoot some ?raw footage? with the idea of making a CD of the actual show. This early footage includes scenes in the Cemetery; scenes of our meeting etc. We have agreed to pay for the ?blank? cassettes needed for these shoots. However to produce an actual CD, there will be some time and costs needed in editing this footage. We can only commit to the editing if we can get enough pre-sale and/or interest in this CD. So if you think that you would like a copy of this CD (which will only be produced, of course, after the event), pleas let me know. The cost would likely be in the $ 20.00 range and we would like to have about 100 pre-orders before committing to the editing cost.

6.      Tickets & Advertising

To make this whole production profitable for the Restoration Fund, we do need you to start placing your orders for tickets ASAP. We also need advertisers for our program ? so if you know any company or individuals willing to either advertise or perhaps be some kind of special sponsor, please let Ken Neil know.

So as I say this is only a quick overview ? if anyone that attended this meeting notices that I missed some point(s), please let everyone know.

Thanks

Fergus

Here is a quick overview of our meeting held at Kelley?s on November 18th 2006.

This meeting was mainly concerned with the actual production of our event.

I am sending it to both the general ?Descendants E-Mail List? and the ?Production Team List?- so you may receive two copies of this report?

1.      Margo Heron

Margo has taken the lead role in the actual planning of our production. She will contact Oscar Peterson Hall directly for some to answers to her questions about the services offered by the Hall. Margo will also determine a ?rehearsal schedule? and a location for these rehearsals. We have determined to keep it as simple as possible to limit the amount of time required for rehearsals and, for example, will likely use lighting as much as possible rather than props etc.

2.      Bernadette Short

Bernadette will contact Bill Gossage directly to arrange for the co-ordination of her dancers with the music that Bill and his group will perform.

3.      Gala Event

We have also decided to offer a gala event immediately after the show to be held in the Atrium of Oscar Peterson Hall. This would be a basic ?Wine & Cheese? gala so that people that attend the show could meet with the various talent that is putting it together. Tickets for this event will be sold at $ 15.00 each. So we will have a regular ticket at $ 30.00 or a Gala Ticket at $ 45.00 (They are actually two separate tickets). So when you are selling or buying tickets, be sure to mention this additional $ 15.00 event. I?ll contact Jeff to see how we can outline this possibility on our reservation form on the web site.

4.      Actual Tickets

Ken Neil has had the actual tickets to the event printed. So we now have the      tickets ? if you would like some tickets to promote to your friends and family, please      contact Kelley.

5.      CD of the Event

We have started to shoot some ?raw footage? with the idea of making a CD of the actual show. This early footage includes scenes in the Cemetery; scenes of our meeting etc. We have agreed to pay for the ?blank? cassettes needed for these shoots. However to produce an actual CD, there will be some time and costs needed in editing this footage. We can only commit to the editing if we can get enough pre-sale and/or interest in this CD. So if you think that you would like a copy of this CD (which will only be produced, of course, after the event), pleas let me know. The cost would likely be in the $ 20.00 range and we would like to have about 100 pre-orders before committing to the editing cost.

6.      Tickets & Advertising

To make this whole production profitable for the Restoration Fund, we do need you to start placing your orders for tickets ASAP. We also need advertisers for our program ? so if you know any company or individuals willing to either advertise or perhaps be some kind of special sponsor, please let Ken Neil know.

So as I say this is only a quick overview ? if anyone that attended this meeting notices that I missed some point(s), please let everyone know.

Thanks

Fergus