Notes of Meeting - Sat. February 24th 2007

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notes from meeting on Saturday, February 24th 2007

We did have a small meeting yesterday to discuss the next step in our project to restore the cemetery at St. Columban.

The Event

We reviewed our event of January 27th and everyone agreed that it was great and did raise a respectable amount of additional funds. Everyone mentioned that their friends and family had a great deal of praise for the event.

The DVD
Marie-Christen continues to work on editing the raw text for the DVD. We are still hoping to have it ready for distribution around March 17th (St. Patrick?s Day). However, we may face a few copyright issues with some of the music in the performance which we will only know after the editing is complete. We also agreed that a few representatives from our group should view the production before a final edit is made for distribution. We also touched on the photo cover of the DVD and what it should portray etc.  

The Tombstones

We are all concerned about leaving the broken tombstones just lying in the bush for another season. Since we don?t know how long it will take to determine the type and construction of the monument, Claude will see if he can find someone or somewhere in St. Columban where we can store the broken tombstones and start the cleaning process. (Ken has investigated a number of ways of cleaning old tombstones). As soon as the snow goes and Spring arrives, we will try to set up a plan to go to St. Columban and start the process of moving these stones to a better and safer location.

The Project

Ken and I will try to meet with Pieter again (the Architect who has agreed to work with his McGill students to help us design a monument). Kelley will prepare a list of things that we would like to see incorporated into the design (i.e. benches; walkway etc.) that we can give to Pieter as a guide. Again, there is little that we can do before the Spring but hopefully as soon as possible we will be able to meet with the Church Wardens to see exactly where and how much space they are willing to give us and then arrange for Pieter and his students to visit the site?

The St. Patrick?s Luncheon

Eight of us have agreed to attend the St. Patrick?s luncheon. We have reserved a table of 10 so if anyone would like to join us, please let me know ASAP. We will try to see if there is a way to promote our Project and DVD at this event.

That?s it for now ? if anyone has any comments or notes about something I may have forgot to add, please let me know?

Best Regards

Fergus

Notes from meeting on Saturday, February 24th 2007

We did have a small meeting yesterday to discuss the next step in our project to restore the cemetery at St. Columban.

The Event

We reviewed our event of January 27th and everyone agreed that it was great and did raise a respectable amount of additional funds. Everyone mentioned that their friends and family had a great deal of praise for the event.

The DVD
Marie-Christen continues to work on editing the raw text for the DVD. We are still hoping to have it ready for distribution around March 17th (St. Patrick?s Day). However, we may face a few copyright issues with some of the music in the performance which we will only know after the editing is complete. We also agreed that a few representatives from our group should view the production before a final edit is made for distribution. We also touched on the photo cover of the DVD and what it should portray etc.  

The Tombstones

We are all concerned about leaving the broken tombstones just lying in the bush for another season. Since we don?t know how long it will take to determine the type and construction of the monument, Claude will see if he can find someone or somewhere in St. Columban where we can store the broken tombstones and start the cleaning process. (Ken has investigated a number of ways of cleaning old tombstones). As soon as the snow goes and Spring arrives, we will try to set up a plan to go to St. Columban and start the process of moving these stones to a better and safer location.

The Project

Ken and I will try to meet with Pieter again (the Architect who has agreed to work with his McGill students to help us design a monument). Kelley will prepare a list of things that we would like to see incorporated into the design (i.e. benches; walkway etc.) that we can give to Pieter as a guide. Again, there is little that we can do before the Spring but hopefully as soon as possible we will be able to meet with the Church Wardens to see exactly where and how much space they are willing to give us and then arrange for Pieter and his students to visit the site?

The St. Patrick?s Luncheon

Eight of us have agreed to attend the St. Patrick?s luncheon. We have reserved a table of 10 so if anyone would like to join us, please let me know ASAP. We will try to see if there is a way to promote our Project and DVD at this event.

That?s it for now ? if anyone has any comments or notes about something I may have forgot to add, please let me know?

Best Regards

Fergus