The making of Scottish/Irish bagpipes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi folks,

I thought I should post this for anyone who maybe interested in the world of bagpipes. I recently started a venture, along with a compatriot and good friend of mine in Quebec City, Patrick McSweeney(from Ireland) of making bagpipes from the garage. Patrick had bought a C chanter from Ebay some time ago, belonging to a Matt Kiernan in C pitch.

I then took it upon myself, for the love of the sound - not to mention cost and associated wait times, to build him a set of drones a Tenor, Baritone, and Bass. After tireless but fruitful searches, I came upon many tools, tricks, and advice from well known bagpipemakers, and as a result of that venture was born a C set of drones known to the piping community as (chanter + 3 drones) = a 1/2 set of Uilleann Irish pipes.

I can post the album that I've created over the last year or so, to show you a few pictures of what's involved, but not entirely as some feats and semantics cannot possibly shown due to complexities and of the sort.

Here's the link..Enjoy! : ?http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2106262210
Hi folks,

I thought I should post this for anyone who maybe interested in the world of bagpipes. I recently started a venture, along with a compatriot and good friend of mine in Quebec City, Patrick McSweeney(from Ireland) of making bagpipes from the garage. Patrick had bought a C chanter from Ebay some time ago, belonging to a Matt Kiernan in C pitch.

I then took it upon myself, for the love of the sound - not to mention cost and associated wait times, to build him a set of drones a Tenor, Baritone, and Bass. After tireless but fruitful searches, I came upon many tools, tricks, and advice from well known bagpipemakers, and as a result of that venture was born a C set of drones known to the piping community as (chanter + 3 drones) = a 1/2 set of Uilleann Irish pipes.

I can post the album that I've created over the last year or so, to show you a few pictures of what's involved, but not entirely as some feats and semantics cannot possibly shown due to complexities and of the sort.

Here's the link..Enjoy! : ?http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2106262210