Cemetery Project Work has Started !

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Saturday, July 11th, a few of us, including my nephew, Scott Leggo, and Ken Neil, our descendant project manager, were on site at the Cemetery. The objective was to measure the various broken stones and fragments in order to determine how much material, i.e. Bricks; mortar etc... was needed for the walls.

Scott, who is a professional bricklayer, has agreed to provide all his labor for free and in addition, his company, SCOMAR had some specific t-shirts made for their staff and some of the descendants for this particular project.

A few pictures are posted here.
http://www.stcolumban-irish.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=2154

It is likely that in the next few weekends that we will put out a call for all able-bodied descendants to help with this project. Many of the stones are very, very heavy and we probably will need some help to lift and hold them in place while the bricks are placed.

Be sure to follow the progress of our effort on our main site.

Thanks

Fergus
On Saturday, July 11th, a few of us, including my nephew, Scott Leggo, and Ken Neil, our descendant project manager, were on site at the Cemetery. The objective was to measure the various broken stones and fragments in order to determine how much material, i.e. Bricks; mortar etc... was needed for the walls.

Scott, who is a professional bricklayer, has agreed to provide all his labor for free and in addition, his company, SCOMAR had some specific t-shirts made for their staff and some of the descendants for this particular project.

A few pictures are posted here.
http://www.stcolumban-irish.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=2154

It is likely that in the next few weekends that we will put out a call for all able-bodied descendants to help with this project. Many of the stones are very, very heavy and we probably will need some help to lift and hold them in place while the bricks are placed.

Be sure to follow the progress of our effort on our main site.

Thanks

Fergus

Messages In This Thread
Re: Cemetery Project Work has Started ! - by jeff.legault - 05-21-2009, 07:59 AM
Re: Cemetery Project Work has Started ! - by jeff.legault - 05-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Re: Cemetery Project Work has Started ! - by jeff.legault - 05-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Re: Cemetery Project Work Videos - by jeff.legault - 06-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Re: Cemetery Project Work has Started ! - by Fergus_Keyes - 07-12-2009, 08:54 AM
Re: Cemetery Project Work has Started ! - by jeff.legault - 07-15-2009, 08:26 AM
Re: Cemetery Project Work has Started ! - by jeff.legault - 07-29-2009, 08:13 AM