New Discussion Board Upgrade

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reposting as notifications were disabled:

Hello folks, some of you may have noticed I updated our Discussion Board today to a hopefully new and improved version. As with any upgrade there lies the possibility something may not function exactly as before or as you expected or I simply missed something however, the benefits of the new system should outweigh the old. I'll be looking at more enhancements once everyone if comfortable with the update.

The developers of the old software YaBB were not keeping up to date with current technology very well and they did not support French in the interface very well. Something that's important to our members. This new system will allow you to change the interface to French after you login as your preference. Look under the Profile link on the navigation bar.

Generally everyone should notice this system is much faster and a bit less complex to use. Behind the scenes we upgraded to a database system that is more stable and much easier to back up our data and postings.

Please be sure to let me know right away if you experience any technical issues with using the forum or logging on. Just a reminder you will need to use your assigned username (not your real name) when logging in. The old system would allow you to use both however, this is not a feature of this system. If you don't know your username let me know right away and I will help you to login.

Hope all works well for everyone.

Enjoy!

Jeff Legault
jeff.legault@rogers.com
Reposting as notifications were disabled:

Hello folks, some of you may have noticed I updated our Discussion Board today to a hopefully new and improved version. As with any upgrade there lies the possibility something may not function exactly as before or as you expected or I simply missed something however, the benefits of the new system should outweigh the old. I'll be looking at more enhancements once everyone if comfortable with the update.

The developers of the old software YaBB were not keeping up to date with current technology very well and they did not support French in the interface very well. Something that's important to our members. This new system will allow you to change the interface to French after you login as your preference. Look under the Profile link on the navigation bar.

Generally everyone should notice this system is much faster and a bit less complex to use. Behind the scenes we upgraded to a database system that is more stable and much easier to back up our data and postings.

Please be sure to let me know right away if you experience any technical issues with using the forum or logging on. Just a reminder you will need to use your assigned username (not your real name) when logging in. The old system would allow you to use both however, this is not a feature of this system. If you don't know your username let me know right away and I will help you to login.

Hope all works well for everyone.

Enjoy!

Jeff Legault
jeff.legault@rogers.com