Initial Plan for Cemtery Structure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken, your comments are all very valid and certainly these are the things that we have to decide in agreement with Le Fabrique, before we start doing anything. At this stage, of donations, it will be at least a year or two before we can start any construction.

As far as the Fundraiser event is concerned, I had a conversation with Audrey O?Rourke this week about this very project. She would certainly like to have a large benefit event scheduled in January 2007 involving a musical Irish story and dancing etc. I have also communicated with Ned Eustache who can likely get us the hall at Loyola and also with Kay Dunn who is involved with the Irish dance community. At this point Ned; Kay; Audrey and Kelley have all agreed to an initial meeting specifically about this event sometime in June.

But like you say, it will take some high level of organization for an event of this kind - so if anyone in our group wants to be involved in the organizing committee, please let me know.  We will certainly need a Chairperson like Audrey, or someone else, to pull it all together. At this point, I will not likely have the time to direct this event, but would certainly be willing to donate some time to the effort as a committee member.

The other things that you mention like t-shirts; printing of a book; and a Back to St. Columban picnic are also great ideas but, once again, we need some other members of our group to investigate these possibilities ? their costs etc.

So we have plenty of good ideas and lots of things that we can do ? we just need a few more active members in our group that are willing and able to handle some of these projects?

If any of our members are interested in working on any of these efforts ? The Cemetery Restoration; The big 2007 event; Working on other fundraising ideas etc.- please just drop me an e-mail.  ? http://fergus@stcolumban-irish.com

I know that it sounds a little official setting up various committees etc. within our St. Columban Irish group, but this whole thing has taken of a life of it's own - and, I am not sure of any other way to get the ball rolling - with so many great ideas to investigate.

Take Care everyone

Fergus   Smile

Ken, your comments are all very valid and certainly these are the things that we have to decide in agreement with Le Fabrique, before we start doing anything. At this stage, of donations, it will be at least a year or two before we can start any construction.

As far as the Fundraiser event is concerned, I had a conversation with Audrey O?Rourke this week about this very project. She would certainly like to have a large benefit event scheduled in January 2007 involving a musical Irish story and dancing etc. I have also communicated with Ned Eustache who can likely get us the hall at Loyola and also with Kay Dunn who is involved with the Irish dance community. At this point Ned; Kay; Audrey and Kelley have all agreed to an initial meeting specifically about this event sometime in June.

But like you say, it will take some high level of organization for an event of this kind - so if anyone in our group wants to be involved in the organizing committee, please let me know.  We will certainly need a Chairperson like Audrey, or someone else, to pull it all together. At this point, I will not likely have the time to direct this event, but would certainly be willing to donate some time to the effort as a committee member.

The other things that you mention like t-shirts; printing of a book; and a Back to St. Columban picnic are also great ideas but, once again, we need some other members of our group to investigate these possibilities ? their costs etc.

So we have plenty of good ideas and lots of things that we can do ? we just need a few more active members in our group that are willing and able to handle some of these projects?

If any of our members are interested in working on any of these efforts ? The Cemetery Restoration; The big 2007 event; Working on other fundraising ideas etc.- please just drop me an e-mail.  ? http://fergus@stcolumban-irish.com

I know that it sounds a little official setting up various committees etc. within our St. Columban Irish group, but this whole thing has taken of a life of it's own - and, I am not sure of any other way to get the ball rolling - with so many great ideas to investigate.

Take Care everyone

Fergus   Smile

Messages In This Thread
Re: Initial Plan for Cemtery Structure - by jeff.legault - 05-25-2006, 11:31 PM
Re: Initial Plan for Cemtery Structure - by kneil - 05-29-2006, 11:18 AM
Cemetery Plan & Fundraising Efforts - by Fergus_Keyes - 05-29-2006, 12:42 PM