Irish Killed In Quebec City in 1899

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelia sent us this general information about a number of people with Irish names (some of these names are common and often found in St. Columban) that were killed in Quebec City in September 1899...

Here is Shelia's quote:-

"The info that I found is, it was a rockslide onto houses on Champlain St. Quebec City."

Burials, St. Patrick's Church,  Quebec City area, cause of death is from a landslide. Burials took place Sept. 1889.
Sheila, Ont.

Essie Fitzgerald
Joseph Fitzgerald
Timothy Berrigan
Catherine (looks like) Airs Reddy
Thomas Nolan
Catherine Kemp Nolan
Denis Christopher Berrigan
Rose Ann McBrearty (O'Dowd)
Joseph Kemp
Thomas Farrell
Lawrence Farrell
Stella Farrell
Agnes Farrell
Margaret Walsh
Ellen Walsh (Bradley)
Ellen Bradley
Alice Bradley
Margaret Bradley
Mary Agnes Bradley
Richard H. Leahey
Julia Doyle (Leahey)
Norah Kennedy
Mary Leahey (Kemp)
Catherine (looks like) Lana (Marshall)
Michael Deahey
Agnes Burke
Ellen Burke
Mary Jane Allen (Burke)
Charles Allen
Agnes Pollick (Allen)
Catherine Allen
Thomas Pembarton
Shelia sent us this general information about a number of people with Irish names (some of these names are common and often found in St. Columban) that were killed in Quebec City in September 1899...

Here is Shelia's quote:-

"The info that I found is, it was a rockslide onto houses on Champlain St. Quebec City."

Burials, St. Patrick's Church,  Quebec City area, cause of death is from a landslide. Burials took place Sept. 1889.
Sheila, Ont.

Essie Fitzgerald
Joseph Fitzgerald
Timothy Berrigan
Catherine (looks like) Airs Reddy
Thomas Nolan
Catherine Kemp Nolan
Denis Christopher Berrigan
Rose Ann McBrearty (O'Dowd)
Joseph Kemp
Thomas Farrell
Lawrence Farrell
Stella Farrell
Agnes Farrell
Margaret Walsh
Ellen Walsh (Bradley)
Ellen Bradley
Alice Bradley
Margaret Bradley
Mary Agnes Bradley
Richard H. Leahey
Julia Doyle (Leahey)
Norah Kennedy
Mary Leahey (Kemp)
Catherine (looks like) Lana (Marshall)
Michael Deahey
Agnes Burke
Ellen Burke
Mary Jane Allen (Burke)
Charles Allen
Agnes Pollick (Allen)
Catherine Allen
Thomas Pembarton
My g-g-grandfather ( Joseph Kemp born in England) died in the 1889 rockslide in Quebec City. ?Would anyone have information about him. His wife's name was Mary, she was born in Ireland. ?He had a son William Joseph, and a daughter Kate according to the 1881 census in Quebec. There were only two (Kemp) survivors of the rockslide. ?My g-grandfather (William Joseph) and his brother, name unknown. They were born in Quebec. Any information would be helpful!

Thank you,
Patty Kemp Thurlow
My g-g-grandfather ( Joseph Kemp born in England) died in the 1889 rockslide in Quebec City. ?Would anyone have information about him. His wife's name was Mary, she was born in Ireland. ?He had a son William Joseph, and a daughter Kate according to the 1881 census in Quebec. There were only two (Kemp) survivors of the rockslide. ?My g-grandfather (William Joseph) and his brother, name unknown. They were born in Quebec. Any information would be helpful!

Thank you,
Patty Kemp Thurlow