Trip to Ireland

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi Everyone;

I just got back from my trip to Ireland and spent some time in the County of Kilkenny - the Castlecomer area, where I think was home to many of the original settlers in St. Columban.

I took lost of photois including some in various cemeteries in the area and will send these to Jeff in the next week since the names (particular the Phelans) are engraved on many tombstones in the area.

In the meantime, I also have some general pictures from the trip that might be of interest to some of you. (I know that it boring to look at other people's trip photos) - but I think that they give a view of Ireland in general. You can view this slideshow at:-

http://albums.phanfare.com/2395381/28052...D=48709543

Fergus
Hi Everyone;

I just got back from my trip to Ireland and spent some time in the County of Kilkenny - the Castlecomer area, where I think was home to many of the original settlers in St. Columban.

I took lost of photois including some in various cemeteries in the area and will send these to Jeff in the next week since the names (particular the Phelans) are engraved on many tombstones in the area.

In the meantime, I also have some general pictures from the trip that might be of interest to some of you. (I know that it boring to look at other people's trip photos) - but I think that they give a view of Ireland in general. You can view this slideshow at:-

http://albums.phanfare.com/2395381/28052...D=48709543

Fergus
Fantastic slides of your trip to Ireland, Fergus. ?We've been 2 times and are ready to go again as we spent no time in Kilkenny, not realizing the heritage of the Grace's and St. Columban.
Thanks for sharing and for all you do with this web page.
Ruth Grace Moriarity
Fantastic slides of your trip to Ireland, Fergus. ?We've been 2 times and are ready to go again as we spent no time in Kilkenny, not realizing the heritage of the Grace's and St. Columban.
Thanks for sharing and for all you do with this web page.
Ruth Grace Moriarity