Margaret Wheeler looking for St. Columban ancestors

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[size=10pt][size=10pt]Hi,  I am desperately trying to find my trace my ancestors. My g g grandfather was a farmer, resident Durham. He married in 1842, Sherbrooke, St. Michel.  Two of his children were baptized at St. Columban,1846 and 1849.  I  went through the 1851 census,  but I could not find them.   Would there be an 1851 census for Durham and Tingwick?  (He father lived in Tingwick)  My gold is to find something that would show were in Ireland they came from and when they came to Canada. Would you have any suggestions?  Anything information you could provide would be very much appreciated.
Many thanks,
Margaret Wheeler

magwheeler@verizon.net

PS:  Your web site is very nice!
[/size][/size]
[size=10pt][size=10pt]Hi,  I am desperately trying to find my trace my ancestors. My g g grandfather was a farmer, resident Durham. He married in 1842, Sherbrooke, St. Michel.  Two of his children were baptized at St. Columban,1846 and 1849.  I  went through the 1851 census,  but I could not find them.   Would there be an 1851 census for Durham and Tingwick?  (He father lived in Tingwick)  My gold is to find something that would show were in Ireland they came from and when they came to Canada. Would you have any suggestions?  Anything information you could provide would be very much appreciated.
Many thanks,
Margaret Wheeler

magwheeler@verizon.net

PS:  Your web site is very nice!
[/size][/size]

Messages In This Thread
Margaret Wheeler looking for St. Columban ancestors - by Fergus_Keyes - 05-29-2011, 10:22 AM