McCarthey; O'Neil; Duffy & Howard Families

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To gcarroll: Regarding the Howard/Carroll family connection. Yes...You've got it for sure!! I have Catherine Howard as John Howard's sister. The other siblings I have are Anne, Pat, James and Dennis. James Henry was a grocer in Montreal after he moved there. Your list of my grandfather and siblings is exact. I do have some more information for you:
Mary died 5/13/1969 in Los Angeles. Children: Donalda and Lorna McGibbon (plus 3 other girls from her husband)
Ellen died in San Diego where she was living with her sister, Theresa
James Henry had one child: Kathryn Mary Howard Gray (My Mother). He died 6/18/1974 in Berkeley, Alameda County, California where he lived.
Theresa Melanie married Bernard Houser: no children
I am trying to get any other info I can on my great grandfather, James Henry. Family lore has it that he left his wife (Mary Ann Lacey) and children for another woman. They were eventually divorced. Mary Ann and Ellen and Tess moved to Edmonton to be with the oldest daughter, Mary, who had married Dr. McGibbon. Eventually, the all moved to southern California.
I am glad to meet you, if only on line...I guess we are very distant cousins.....
To gcarroll: Regarding the Howard/Carroll family connection. Yes...You've got it for sure!! I have Catherine Howard as John Howard's sister. The other siblings I have are Anne, Pat, James and Dennis. James Henry was a grocer in Montreal after he moved there. Your list of my grandfather and siblings is exact. I do have some more information for you:
Mary died 5/13/1969 in Los Angeles. Children: Donalda and Lorna McGibbon (plus 3 other girls from her husband)
Ellen died in San Diego where she was living with her sister, Theresa
James Henry had one child: Kathryn Mary Howard Gray (My Mother). He died 6/18/1974 in Berkeley, Alameda County, California where he lived.
Theresa Melanie married Bernard Houser: no children
I am trying to get any other info I can on my great grandfather, James Henry. Family lore has it that he left his wife (Mary Ann Lacey) and children for another woman. They were eventually divorced. Mary Ann and Ellen and Tess moved to Edmonton to be with the oldest daughter, Mary, who had married Dr. McGibbon. Eventually, the all moved to southern California.
I am glad to meet you, if only on line...I guess we are very distant cousins.....

Messages In This Thread
Re: McCarthey; O'Neil; Duffy & Howard Families - by jeff.legault - 07-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Re: McCarthey; O'Neil; Duffy & Howard Families - by suecheney - 07-20-2010, 05:34 PM