Montreal Connections Update

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some info. from Shelia about Brophy / Phelan

The following is a complete transcript of the Brophy Phelan marriage at St. Gabriel's.  I read the groom's mother as "Bennett".  At the repertoires informatise de groupe BMS2000 they list her as Emmett.

Anyway, here is the complete text as I read it:

M19 St. Gabriel's Point St. Charles
Thomas Brophy & Mary Phelan

The tenth of October 1882, whereas the dispensation of two banns of marriage as also a dispensation of the third bann to the fourth degree of consanguinity have been granted by the Very Reverend D. J. Marechal, Vicar General of this Diocese, whereas also the other banns have been published at the prime of our parochial masses between [highlight]Thomas Brophy[/highlight], son of age of [highlight]deceased Lawrence Brophy and Margaret Bennet [/highlight](probably should read Margaret Elliott) of St. Columban of the one part; and [highlight]Mary Phelan [/highlight]at present also of St. Columban, daughter of age of [highlight]deceased Patrick Phelan and Sarah O'Brien [/highlight]of St. Columban of the other part; no opposition having been offered, we the undersigned priest have received their mutual consent to marriage and have given them the nuptual blessing in presence of Timothy Quinlan and Mary Quinlan who have signed with the bride, the bridegroom has declared that he cannot sign.

Thanks for the info....Here are the additional detail that I have. In my records, Thomas' mother is Margaret Elliott (which I think is the right name rather than Bennett or Emmett).... Both Thomas & Mary each had a number of brothers & sisters....

[highlight]Thomas Brophy [/highlight]born in St. Columban on May 25th 1855 ? Son of [highlight]Lawrence Brophy [/highlight]who had likely been born in Ireland about 1819 and died in St. Columban on November 24 1881 at the age of 62 years old and his mother, [highlight]Margaret ELLIOTT[/highlight], who was born about 1832 and died in St. Columban on July 30 1896 at 64 years old.
and ?..
[highlight]Mary Phelan [/highlight]born in St. Columban on May 15th 1857 ? Daughter of [highlight]Patrick Phelan [/highlight]born about 1829, and died in St. Columban on December 12 1874 at 45 years old. and his wife [highlight]Sarah O?Brien[/highlight] (no other information on Sarah at this point).

Some info. from Shelia about Brophy / Phelan

The following is a complete transcript of the Brophy Phelan marriage at St. Gabriel's.  I read the groom's mother as "Bennett".  At the repertoires informatise de groupe BMS2000 they list her as Emmett.

Anyway, here is the complete text as I read it:

M19 St. Gabriel's Point St. Charles
Thomas Brophy & Mary Phelan

The tenth of October 1882, whereas the dispensation of two banns of marriage as also a dispensation of the third bann to the fourth degree of consanguinity have been granted by the Very Reverend D. J. Marechal, Vicar General of this Diocese, whereas also the other banns have been published at the prime of our parochial masses between [highlight]Thomas Brophy[/highlight], son of age of [highlight]deceased Lawrence Brophy and Margaret Bennet [/highlight](probably should read Margaret Elliott) of St. Columban of the one part; and [highlight]Mary Phelan [/highlight]at present also of St. Columban, daughter of age of [highlight]deceased Patrick Phelan and Sarah O'Brien [/highlight]of St. Columban of the other part; no opposition having been offered, we the undersigned priest have received their mutual consent to marriage and have given them the nuptual blessing in presence of Timothy Quinlan and Mary Quinlan who have signed with the bride, the bridegroom has declared that he cannot sign.

Thanks for the info....Here are the additional detail that I have. In my records, Thomas' mother is Margaret Elliott (which I think is the right name rather than Bennett or Emmett).... Both Thomas & Mary each had a number of brothers & sisters....

[highlight]Thomas Brophy [/highlight]born in St. Columban on May 25th 1855 ? Son of [highlight]Lawrence Brophy [/highlight]who had likely been born in Ireland about 1819 and died in St. Columban on November 24 1881 at the age of 62 years old and his mother, [highlight]Margaret ELLIOTT[/highlight], who was born about 1832 and died in St. Columban on July 30 1896 at 64 years old.
and ?..
[highlight]Mary Phelan [/highlight]born in St. Columban on May 15th 1857 ? Daughter of [highlight]Patrick Phelan [/highlight]born about 1829, and died in St. Columban on December 12 1874 at 45 years old. and his wife [highlight]Sarah O?Brien[/highlight] (no other information on Sarah at this point).

Messages In This Thread
Montreal Connections Update - by Fergus_Keyes - 04-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Re: Montreal Connections Update - by Fergus_Keyes - 04-22-2006, 02:17 PM
Re: Montreal Connections Update - by sean_delaney - 04-22-2006, 06:30 PM
Re: Montreal Connections Update - by dublin9 - 06-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Brophy; Phelan Montreal Connection - by Fergus_Keyes - 06-20-2006, 06:34 PM
Re: Montreal Connections Update - by marylund - 08-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Possible Montreal Connections - by Fergus_Keyes - 08-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Re: Montreal Connections Update - by Mickeypolly - 08-12-2006, 01:59 PM