St. Columban Extravaganza Meeting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since there are some people registered on this discussion forum that are not in our direct e-mail list (and actually there are some people on our e-mail list, that have not registered on this discussion forum), it gets a little confusing.

Just to be sure that everyone is up-to-date on our efforts to plan a St. Columban extravaganza night as a fund-raiser for our St. Columban Restoration project, I am posting the information here. (Many of you have already received this information by e-mail).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone;

We had our meeting today about a possible St. Columban extravaganza to be held in January 2007. The following are notes from this meeting. (if anyone attending, sees that I forgot something, please let me know).

Of course, if anyone else in the group would like to participate in this project, please also let me know. Even if you are aware of any possible Corporate sponsors for this event; or where we might get free or cheap printing of materials etc. - the info. would be appreciated.

And, of course, the suggestions from anyone in our group are always welcomed.

At any rate, here are the comments recorded....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes of Meeting for the:

St. Columban Restoration Fundraising Project

A meeting was held at Kelley O?Rourke?s home on Saturday, June 10, 2006 to discuss the possibility of the above mentioned project. And, the following points were noted:-

The objective will be to raise funds for our Cemetery restoration project.

We believe that the project is feasible and could reach the objective

Subject to confirmation from Ned Eustache, for the availability of the new Loyola High theater like auditorium, this event would be scheduled for Saturday, January 27th 2007 at Loyola.

Tentatively, it would include an oral story about the rise and fall of St. Columban as an Irish Community.

The story would be delivered by two (2) narrators. One in English and the other in French. It may be possible to have Dr. Michael Kenealy, the Director of Irish studies at Concordia University deliver the presentation in English, and Peter Gossage, a History Professor from the Universit? de Sherbrooke deliver the oratory in French.

The presentation in addition to the Orators would include Irish music; Irish dancers and perhaps a Power Point presentation that would depict various St. Columban and general Irish images.

The Loyola Theatre holds approximately 750 people, and we have a suggested ticket cost of $ 25.00 per person for this performance. ($16,400 if all tickets are sold)

We would also obtain a liquor license in order to sell beer and wine during the intermission and after the performance.

We do not have any confirmed costs yet for the Hall; the Singers or the Dancers.

The actual program would be produced by David Gossage in co-operation with Bernadette Short from the Irish dancers and of course with various suggestions, documents etc. that we, as a group, might be able to offer.

Whatever groundwork possible (i.e. confirming the hall etc.) will be done over the summer, with the hope of having a great deal of the production in place and ready for public presentation by about mid-October.

We might investigate selling Calendars; Coffee Cups etc. at the event.

Some Assignments:

a)      Kelley & Audrey O?Rourke will be the co-chairs of the production itself.

b)      Fergus Keyes will start to try to attract some Corporate sponsors.

c)      Jeff Legault might be able to help with the possible Power Point presentation.

d)      Kay Dunn can interface our group with the Irish dancers.

e)      Ned Eustache would be responsible for confirming Loyola Hall

f)       ?Ann McLaughlin will check on any permits needed as well as co-ordinate Ticket Sales with Audrey & Kelley.

g)      Ken Neil will check out possible Brochure and Ticket designs

h)      Kelley & Audrey will verify the liquor possibilities with the SAQ etc., as well start a database for possible people to contact regarding selling tickets.

i)       ?Claude Bourguignon will act as co-coordinator for St. Columban as well as French publicity etc.

In attendance at this meeting were:-

Kelley O?Rourke

Audrey O?Rourke

Kay Dunn

Ken Neil

Anne McLaughlin

Claude Bourguignon

Fergus Keyes

Next meeting is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, July 29th 2006
Since there are some people registered on this discussion forum that are not in our direct e-mail list (and actually there are some people on our e-mail list, that have not registered on this discussion forum), it gets a little confusing.

Just to be sure that everyone is up-to-date on our efforts to plan a St. Columban extravaganza night as a fund-raiser for our St. Columban Restoration project, I am posting the information here. (Many of you have already received this information by e-mail).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone;

We had our meeting today about a possible St. Columban extravaganza to be held in January 2007. The following are notes from this meeting. (if anyone attending, sees that I forgot something, please let me know).

Of course, if anyone else in the group would like to participate in this project, please also let me know. Even if you are aware of any possible Corporate sponsors for this event; or where we might get free or cheap printing of materials etc. - the info. would be appreciated.

And, of course, the suggestions from anyone in our group are always welcomed.

At any rate, here are the comments recorded....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes of Meeting for the:

St. Columban Restoration Fundraising Project

A meeting was held at Kelley O?Rourke?s home on Saturday, June 10, 2006 to discuss the possibility of the above mentioned project. And, the following points were noted:-

The objective will be to raise funds for our Cemetery restoration project.

We believe that the project is feasible and could reach the objective

Subject to confirmation from Ned Eustache, for the availability of the new Loyola High theater like auditorium, this event would be scheduled for Saturday, January 27th 2007 at Loyola.

Tentatively, it would include an oral story about the rise and fall of St. Columban as an Irish Community.

The story would be delivered by two (2) narrators. One in English and the other in French. It may be possible to have Dr. Michael Kenealy, the Director of Irish studies at Concordia University deliver the presentation in English, and Peter Gossage, a History Professor from the Universit? de Sherbrooke deliver the oratory in French.

The presentation in addition to the Orators would include Irish music; Irish dancers and perhaps a Power Point presentation that would depict various St. Columban and general Irish images.

The Loyola Theatre holds approximately 750 people, and we have a suggested ticket cost of $ 25.00 per person for this performance. ($16,400 if all tickets are sold)

We would also obtain a liquor license in order to sell beer and wine during the intermission and after the performance.

We do not have any confirmed costs yet for the Hall; the Singers or the Dancers.

The actual program would be produced by David Gossage in co-operation with Bernadette Short from the Irish dancers and of course with various suggestions, documents etc. that we, as a group, might be able to offer.

Whatever groundwork possible (i.e. confirming the hall etc.) will be done over the summer, with the hope of having a great deal of the production in place and ready for public presentation by about mid-October.

We might investigate selling Calendars; Coffee Cups etc. at the event.

Some Assignments:

a)      Kelley & Audrey O?Rourke will be the co-chairs of the production itself.

b)      Fergus Keyes will start to try to attract some Corporate sponsors.

c)      Jeff Legault might be able to help with the possible Power Point presentation.

d)      Kay Dunn can interface our group with the Irish dancers.

e)      Ned Eustache would be responsible for confirming Loyola Hall

f)       ?Ann McLaughlin will check on any permits needed as well as co-ordinate Ticket Sales with Audrey & Kelley.

g)      Ken Neil will check out possible Brochure and Ticket designs

h)      Kelley & Audrey will verify the liquor possibilities with the SAQ etc., as well start a database for possible people to contact regarding selling tickets.

i)       ?Claude Bourguignon will act as co-coordinator for St. Columban as well as French publicity etc.

In attendance at this meeting were:-

Kelley O?Rourke

Audrey O?Rourke

Kay Dunn

Ken Neil

Anne McLaughlin

Claude Bourguignon

Fergus Keyes

Next meeting is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, July 29th 2006