1871 Census: William Cohoon, St. Colomban, Portneuf, Quebec (French/Cath)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you Jeff.  The census information is indeed from Ancestry.com as I have a subscription. 

I obtained the Naturalization papers from the records keeper in Lewiston.  I have a copy.  The US Naturalization papers state the William Cohoon was born in Parrish [sic] St. Colombe [sic], Dominion of Canada in December 1850.

I imagine William gave the clerk this information in 1890 when he applied for US citizenship.  Can you hazard a guess if this Parrish might be your village?  I understand there were names changes.  It probably the reason why I am having a problem locating his birth place.

I will check the Drouin collection.  Thank you for your time.
Patti-Ann Cohoon
trying to find my great-great grandfather's family
Thank you Jeff.  The census information is indeed from Ancestry.com as I have a subscription. 

I obtained the Naturalization papers from the records keeper in Lewiston.  I have a copy.  The US Naturalization papers state the William Cohoon was born in Parrish [sic] St. Colombe [sic], Dominion of Canada in December 1850.

I imagine William gave the clerk this information in 1890 when he applied for US citizenship.  Can you hazard a guess if this Parrish might be your village?  I understand there were names changes.  It probably the reason why I am having a problem locating his birth place.

I will check the Drouin collection.  Thank you for your time.
Patti-Ann Cohoon
trying to find my great-great grandfather's family

Messages In This Thread
Re: 1871 Census: William Cohoon, St. Colomban, Portneuf, Quebec (French/Cath) - by Cohoon - 07-30-2010, 12:10 PM