The Strong family

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello All,

As some of you may be aware, I am somewhat involved with projects on the automatedgenealogy site. Some ofthe thing I do are create links between WW1 soldiers that I find in the census to their records at the Archives and the Virtual memorial site. I also link between the different census. I was asked to create a link for a WW1 soldier with the surname of Strong. I did his link then continued to link the Strong family from the 1911 census to the 1901 census, the I figured I would look for the father in the 1881 census and create a link there are well. It turns out the father might have been from St Columban, but before I create the link I would like to be sure. Does anyone have any info on this family? the 1901 link is here... father is at line 22.
http://automatedgenealogy.com/census/ViewFrame.jsp?id=89750

and here is the link to the Thomas Strong I figure is him, in St Columban
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Search/census/individual_record.asp?INDI_CODE=1881CN_1183376_2&frompage=5

Thank you for any help.
Sean 8-)
Wear RED fridays!! Show support for OUR troops!
Hello All,

As some of you may be aware, I am somewhat involved with projects on the automatedgenealogy site. Some ofthe thing I do are create links between WW1 soldiers that I find in the census to their records at the Archives and the Virtual memorial site. I also link between the different census. I was asked to create a link for a WW1 soldier with the surname of Strong. I did his link then continued to link the Strong family from the 1911 census to the 1901 census, the I figured I would look for the father in the 1881 census and create a link there are well. It turns out the father might have been from St Columban, but before I create the link I would like to be sure. Does anyone have any info on this family? the 1901 link is here... father is at line 22.
http://automatedgenealogy.com/census/ViewFrame.jsp?id=89750

and here is the link to the Thomas Strong I figure is him, in St Columban
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Search/census/individual_record.asp?INDI_CODE=1881CN_1183376_2&frompage=5

Thank you for any help.
Sean 8-)
Wear RED fridays!! Show support for OUR troops!
Thomas Strong ach?te de Daniel Phelan les lots 146 et 145 de la cote Saint-George entre 1842 et 1851. Il s'agit d'une famille originaire d'irlande et de confession religieuse Church of England. Sa conjointe Frances Ewin est ?galement originaire d'Irlande et de m?me religion. Des familles Strong habitent alors le canton de Gore et la municipalit? de Mille-Isles. Il faut aussi noter que les lots 145 et 146 sont imm?diatement voisins de ces deux municipalit?s. Dans mon livre ? la page 207 et 237, vous avez des photos de la 2e maison Strong,  construite pour ou par Albert Strong vers 1899. Cette maison est toujours existante.
Thomas Strong ach?te de Daniel Phelan les lots 146 et 145 de la cote Saint-George entre 1842 et 1851. Il s'agit d'une famille originaire d'irlande et de confession religieuse Church of England. Sa conjointe Frances Ewin est ?galement originaire d'Irlande et de m?me religion. Des familles Strong habitent alors le canton de Gore et la municipalit? de Mille-Isles. Il faut aussi noter que les lots 145 et 146 sont imm?diatement voisins de ces deux municipalit?s. Dans mon livre ? la page 207 et 237, vous avez des photos de la 2e maison Strong,  construite pour ou par Albert Strong vers 1899. Cette maison est toujours existante.
Here is a very quick translation of Claude's note about the Strong family for our American cousins...

Thomas Strong bought lots Nos. 145 & 146 from Daniel Phelan in the Cote St. George section of St. Columban between 1842 & 1851. The family was originally from Ireland and their religion was recorded as Church of England. His wife Frances Ewin was also from Ireland and practiced the same religion. The Strong family then lived in the Canton of Gore and in municipality of Mille Iles. You should note that lots 145 & 146 are in the immediate vicinity of these two municipalities. In my book on pages 207 and 237, you have photos of the 2nd Strong home, built by Albert Strong around 1899. This home still exists.
Here is a very quick translation of Claude's note about the Strong family for our American cousins...

Thomas Strong bought lots Nos. 145 & 146 from Daniel Phelan in the Cote St. George section of St. Columban between 1842 & 1851. The family was originally from Ireland and their religion was recorded as Church of England. His wife Frances Ewin was also from Ireland and practiced the same religion. The Strong family then lived in the Canton of Gore and in municipality of Mille Iles. You should note that lots 145 & 146 are in the immediate vicinity of these two municipalities. In my book on pages 207 and 237, you have photos of the 2nd Strong home, built by Albert Strong around 1899. This home still exists.