Corrections and Additions to Clarke & Blanchfi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelia sent us this following info. concerning the death of a 17 year old girl - Lucy Frances Clarke:-

Death.
Notre Dame, Montreal
Dec. 6, 1894
Lucy Frances Clarke, daughter of Patrick Clarke, jardinier, and of Ann Blanchfield, died on Dec. 2, age, 'dixsept' ?ans. From the parish of Notre Dame de Grace.

According to my records - Patrick Clarke and Ann Blanchfield were married in St. Patrick's Church - Montreal on November 6 1860. Ann ?Blanchfield was born in St. Columban on March 13th 1840 - daughter of Richard Blanchfield & Brdiget McCarthy. Patrick Clarke's parents are listed as James Clarke & Catherine Tiernan.

*****(Just a correction that was pointed out - I had originally said James Clarke and Anne Blanchfield when I should have said Patrick Clarke - son of James).

We also received a note that Ann Blanchfield died on February 23 1897 at age 56 years and 10 months; and that her husband Patrick Clarke died in the same year on January 8th 1897 at 63 years old. As well as, the following notes:-

Here is the transcription of what is written on their tombstone:

Here lies the remains
of Patrick Clarke
native of the county
Leitrim Ireland
died January 8th 1897
aged 63 years
-
Ann Blanchfield
wife of Patrick Clarke
native of St.Columban P.Q.
died February 23rd 1897
aged 56 yrs
11 mos, 10 days
-
May their souls rest in
peace.

There are more names on the stone, presumably their children: four died
young (one of them being Lucy Frances, the other ones being Anny M. [akaMary Ann], R. Patrick, and Mary Jane); the fifth one was James Clarke, who
lived to be 59, was married, and had several children. His family is also
buried in this same plot, although recent names are lacking from the stone.

This stone in the the C?te-des-Neige Cemetary in Montreal; a warning to
researchers, in the cemetary index, Ann's name is misspelled "Blanchefield".

Shelia sent us this following info. concerning the death of a 17 year old girl - Lucy Frances Clarke:-

Death.
Notre Dame, Montreal
Dec. 6, 1894
Lucy Frances Clarke, daughter of Patrick Clarke, jardinier, and of Ann Blanchfield, died on Dec. 2, age, 'dixsept' ?ans. From the parish of Notre Dame de Grace.

According to my records - Patrick Clarke and Ann Blanchfield were married in St. Patrick's Church - Montreal on November 6 1860. Ann ?Blanchfield was born in St. Columban on March 13th 1840 - daughter of Richard Blanchfield & Brdiget McCarthy. Patrick Clarke's parents are listed as James Clarke & Catherine Tiernan.

*****(Just a correction that was pointed out - I had originally said James Clarke and Anne Blanchfield when I should have said Patrick Clarke - son of James).

We also received a note that Ann Blanchfield died on February 23 1897 at age 56 years and 10 months; and that her husband Patrick Clarke died in the same year on January 8th 1897 at 63 years old. As well as, the following notes:-

Here is the transcription of what is written on their tombstone:

Here lies the remains
of Patrick Clarke
native of the county
Leitrim Ireland
died January 8th 1897
aged 63 years
-
Ann Blanchfield
wife of Patrick Clarke
native of St.Columban P.Q.
died February 23rd 1897
aged 56 yrs
11 mos, 10 days
-
May their souls rest in
peace.

There are more names on the stone, presumably their children: four died
young (one of them being Lucy Frances, the other ones being Anny M. [akaMary Ann], R. Patrick, and Mary Jane); the fifth one was James Clarke, who
lived to be 59, was married, and had several children. His family is also
buried in this same plot, although recent names are lacking from the stone.

This stone in the the C?te-des-Neige Cemetary in Montreal; a warning to
researchers, in the cemetary index, Ann's name is misspelled "Blanchefield".