Thomas Grace /Mary Dwyer family

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking information on Thomas Grace listed #1 on the 1851 St. Columban census.

Thanks to Anne McLaughlin who directed me to the St. Columban Parish Records 1847 and the 1851 census, I found my great-grandfather Martin Grace born c1821 in Ireland, and four children born in St. Columba, Quebec, Canada. ? Martin married Elizabeth McNally (McAlley?) born in Ireland c1824. On the 1851 census, a Thomas Grace ?whom I believe is Martin?s father is listed with wife Mary Dwyer, and a Thomas Grace, probably a son. ?
Thank you to Claude Bourguignon for the property information which seems to confirm this and to Anne for the translation into English.
Martin and family moved to Prairie Springs, Jackson County, Iowa about 1855 when my grandfather Joseph Patrick, (5th child) ?was born. ?Seven of their 11 children were born in Iowa. ?
The 1860 Jackson County census lists Martin and family and a "laborer" Thomas 18 years old, is also listed with this family.
A following page lists Thomas Grace 75, wife Mary 70 and Thomas 27 and wife Ellen 26. ?The ages are consistent with Thomas of St. Columban. ?I have not been able to find the older Thomas in any Iowa or Nebraska census after the 1860 census. ?Any information is welcome and especially any on how this family ?may be related and how they came from Ireland.
Seeking information on Thomas Grace listed #1 on the 1851 St. Columban census.

Thanks to Anne McLaughlin who directed me to the St. Columban Parish Records 1847 and the 1851 census, I found my great-grandfather Martin Grace born c1821 in Ireland, and four children born in St. Columba, Quebec, Canada. ? Martin married Elizabeth McNally (McAlley?) born in Ireland c1824. On the 1851 census, a Thomas Grace ?whom I believe is Martin?s father is listed with wife Mary Dwyer, and a Thomas Grace, probably a son. ?
Thank you to Claude Bourguignon for the property information which seems to confirm this and to Anne for the translation into English.
Martin and family moved to Prairie Springs, Jackson County, Iowa about 1855 when my grandfather Joseph Patrick, (5th child) ?was born. ?Seven of their 11 children were born in Iowa. ?
The 1860 Jackson County census lists Martin and family and a "laborer" Thomas 18 years old, is also listed with this family.
A following page lists Thomas Grace 75, wife Mary 70 and Thomas 27 and wife Ellen 26. ?The ages are consistent with Thomas of St. Columban. ?I have not been able to find the older Thomas in any Iowa or Nebraska census after the 1860 census. ?Any information is welcome and especially any on how this family ?may be related and how they came from Ireland.